Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT- Harbor Freight Sidewalk Sale this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blown240, Oct 6, 2006.

1. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

Go buy some cheap tools. I know I am....

2. greyone

greyone

The hand tools scare me, but I did buy a cool Orange squirrel cage blower, Down here in Floradora you need one on each side of you! I think it was 29 bucks.

3. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

Ya, alot of the stuff is crap. But not all of it.

4. Truth.

5. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

Don't they have like 4 sidewalk sales a week? The send me at least two emails a day...

6. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

LOL -- I get the emails too . . . . they have a lot of specials. I picked up a little temp gun a while back for like $7. It does what I need it to. I'm looking for a good deal on a HVLP paint gun to do primer on my car . . . any suggestions?

7. reverb2000

reverb2000
    from Houston TX

the purple one they have is great..reg 49$ seen it for 29 I think on sale

8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I went there today and bought a $9.00 grinder. the girl at the checkout asked if i wanted to pay $6.00 for replacement insurance. told her when they burn up, you just throw them away

9. Ruiner

Ruiner

yep, they're throw away tools...the Pittsburgh line of hand tools ain't too bad, considering they're made in another country...as long as you don't abuse their stuff it will last a while, but the second you dig an angle grinder into a framerail and make that angle grinder do any work, it'll blow up...just gotta use that stuff real carefully...

10. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

J have bought Harbor Freight stuff with great success, their tools are great for giving to someone you dont really like!
    Or for loaning to neighbors who aint going to bring 'em back.:)

11. I just bought an electric shear for $34.00 man it works great.

Cuts up to 18 ga. steel, and cuts aluminum like butter.

12. angryj976

angryj976
    BANNED
    from alameda

what about there sawl zalls? I need to get one. I'm not gonna use it a whole lot. just to cut my frame.

13. 50chevydan

50chevydan
    from Fenton,MO

I would not buy a sawlzall then, I would use a cutoff wheel or something else. I only use sawlzalls for sheet metal. I used one at a junkyard one time to cut some rusty u bolts off to get a rearend out and it took a long time, two batterys, and a few blades.

14. I went today and did some shopping. Besides the usual off shore stuff, i got a medium size Kiddie fire extinguisher for 8 bucks and a set of 3 gen-u-ine Vise grips for 10 bucks. These were closeouts for half price of what was marked. I'm sure each store has different items. They rolled out a couple of different carts in the short time I was there.

Doc