Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need brake help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Turbo26T, Oct 4, 2006.

1. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to help a friend get his roadster on the road and"Search" did not turn up what we need to know:
    Here's what we got:
    '32 Ford hiboy roadster
    '40 Ford drum brakes (Frt. & Rear)-new "stepped " w/cyls,shoes,springs,etc
    '32 type frame
    Aftermarket frame mounted pedal assembly- 5:1 ratio,pushrod travel approx 2 1/4(+/-)

What we need to know is:
    What dual reservoir type ,manual M/cyl. do we need ? Bore size?
    Stroke? ( obviously in the 2"range)
    What original OEM application are we looking for? (Yr. & Make)
    Any info appreciated Thanks Stan

2. buschandbusch2

buschandbusch2
    from Reno, NV

Why not go with some generic "hot rod" dual MC, like from Speedway, etc.? Does it have to be an OEM?

3. No, not really ...just trying to get something at the local parts house..so's if ya need a replacement on the road somwhere,it'd be easy to find...
    Thanx Stan

4. i've built several cars with `40 brakes all around , and used `68 mustang drum/drum....brakes worked great

some will tell you you have to use some sort of formula to figure out what to use , that's fine if you want to be technically correct. maybe someone will jump in and tell us . i only know what has worked for me

napa part # 10-1485. i don't think it has residual valves built in , so put 10# ones in your front and rear line when you plum it

5. 36-3Window...Bingo!!! Thanx a ton ...thats just the info I needed...On my way to NAPA.....Stan