Register now to get rid of these ads!

Which way to the Hunnert Car Pile Up?!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Biz-mon, Sep 29, 2006.

1. CornBinder

CornBinder

Hey if any one is interested, and has not got a hotel, the comfort inn in morse has 7 rooms avalible, if you havent stayed there, its a great hotel, the price is right and its only about a mile from the speedway - just a tip c you at the pile up

2. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I will see what happens. Let me know. My old truck just don't go that fast, is my problem.:(

3. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Dan it is about 80 miles once you get off of I-74 onto 47 so I would guess 1:45 maybe 2:00 hours through the small towns.

4. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

And this is coming from the guy that had to slow down so I could keep up with him through KC? I'm thinking 60, maybe 65 at the most. Can't that Pinto go that fast? :p :D
    Gene

5. weaselnuts

weaselnuts
    from MILWAUKEE

Anybody else coming from the Milwaukee/ central Wisconsin area? We're leaving Sat morning around 6-7ish. We could all travel together in case of any breakdowns.

6. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

About 11/2 hrs. roughly 100 miles.

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

hey weaselnuts... you'll get a better response if people know who you are. No one wants to travel with, and wait on, a stranger. Go post an introduction. It's t he polite thing to do! :D

8. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Stick Shift we are gonna go back roads because my buddy carries truck wont go fast! You are more than welcome to tag along the more the better!

9. Uncle Big Bad

Uncle Big Bad

Stick Shift doesn't like Pintos, he likes Gremlins!

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

my first car was a gremlin!

11. Greaseballs

Greaseballs

I'm heading out of the western 'burbs of Chicago Saturday morning....early (6 -6:30am). I'll be blasting down the intersate taking 355 south to 55 south to 80 west. Anyone else taking this same route about the same time and would care to cruise together, pm me.

12. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

60 could work. Well I am not sure what it will do now, the speedo is a bouncing or is pegged to the bottom.:eek: Hope there are no troopers reading this.

13. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Yea, but they won't let the triditional Gremlin in at the pile up, though it might look like it could fit in.... so he's gotta bring the pinto ford truck. Don't lift the hood! :eek:

He don't think it goes very fast, but his speedo is broke, so he really don't know. We all are probably going to have to keep slowing him down.

Where are you guys leaving from Rockford at? The I 39 exit is about an hour from my house @ 60.
    Gene

14. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Gene,
    We're gonna meet at my friends Gordys shop and leave around 7:30. Its just off hwy 20 and Alpine. We're gonna leave there and go out to Hoppersteds Shop to pick up afew more guys. Then the race is on!!! We will be meeting earlier for breakfast around 6:45 if interested.

15. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

purple x, too I suppose.

16. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Breakfast at 6:45?? :eek: I'd have to leave my place at 5:45 to get there, which would mean I'd be getting up... WAY TOO EARLY. I'm coming home Sat night, will be a long day as it is. I'll do a Mickey-D fake food breakfast on the run towards you.

Think I'll go for the 7:30 thing at "Gordy's shop". PM me directions to there please. I don't do the phone thing very well, hate calling people.
    Gene

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

nope, just a regular, plain black and gold '77 Gremlin with lots of rust...er... speed holes.