Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBer broken and bruised

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Sep 25, 2006.

1. guiseart

guiseart

Our own Texast100 (Ted) sent me an email today telling me of his situation, I'm not a praying fella but I thought I'd pass this along so we can all send out our good thoughts for a quick recovery. Ted has battled with MS for many years, and he will get thru this... he's a tough ol' bird. Those who have met him will verify his big heart. Good luck pal!

Well have had some bad times. I will try to be brief. Two weeks ago
    I became more paralyzed from the waist down. It has affected the colon
    and there is no evacuation at all. I go to Houston in the morn.
    (Mon.)to Hermon Hospital. I suppose they will do a complete Colostomey.
    If that wasn't enough 4-5 days ago I fell at the Doctor's office and
    broke my back in 2 places. They plan on seeing if it will heal itself.
    Maybe I will have better news the next letter but don't know when. Take
    care. Ted

2. Good thought's and prayers comimg your way.......!

3. Shane T.

Shane T.

Definetly thinking of him. Makes you wonder how we sometimes complain about a stiff neck, or hurting ankle when there are guys like this battling every day just to do what we all take for granted. Like I said I'll say one for him today.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thoughts and prayers out to Ted.

5. slim53

slim53

My mom has got MS as well. It's not your easiest thing to deal with. My prayers go out to you Ted.......slim

6. rikaguilera

rikaguilera

My best wishes and prayers go out to Ted. The preverbial "light" in his tunnel is that he is going to Houston. There just are no better research doctors for MS/Cancer in the state.

7. KoppaK

KoppaK

My mother has been battling MS for the last 15 years so my heartfelt best wishes go out to him.

8. TorqueWench58

TorqueWench58
    from Plano TX

I can even imagen.... prayen is easy... consider it done!!

9. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Dude you took the words rightout of my mouth , I was thinking the exact same thing .
    Stay strong buddy and we hope to get a good report soon .

Buzz Bomb

10. v8minor

v8minor

All the best from Belfast .

11. atch

atch

ted,

my prayers go out for you.

12. guiseart

guiseart

I will send him a link to this thread so he can read it when he gets out, I'm sure he will appreciate all your support... Thanks to all !

If anyone would be interested is seeing some vehicles he has for sale that might help with his (I'm sure astronomical) bills, let me know by PM, some are a little newer than allowed in here... he could use the help, I'm trying to scrounge up some coin for one or two myself.

13. Blue

Blue

The strength of some people is astounding. It's situations like this that put one's own problems into perspective. My thoughts are with Ted.

14. guiseart

guiseart

yeah... my headache I was bitchin' about got alot duller after reading his email.

15. monsterflake

monsterflake

give 'em my contact info if he has any questions about his 'new' life. i'll be glad to help if i can. steve

16. Svenny

Svenny

Ted, You're in my thoughts and prayers, stay strong and keep a positive attitude.

17. rattom

rattom

Ted I'm thinking about you. I know some of the grief you have been put through because I have MS also. I hope your control to your lower body comes back. Non MS people probably think I'm crazy for saying that but symptoms do improve from time to time. Thank goodness the 100 degree days are over!!!

18. As always when asked to do so, Christ was just petitioned by me on Ted's behalf.
    Christ made us many promises, don't be afraid to call upon Him. Sometimes it's hard to see how He fulfills them, but trust Him, He does. Count your blessings Ted, there are so many when you take the time to do so. Take care, my friend.

19. Ole don

Ole don

If I could weld you back together, I would bring my own welder and rod. I guess I'll havta learn to pray.
    Ole Don

20. Ted:

Hang in there man and keep on keeping on. Besides you've got the best name ever, its lucky and a winner you'll get through this!

from another Ted!

21. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hang in there Ted we are all thinking about you.

22. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

You know??? There aren't many days that pass that I don't wonder why I am so blessed. I hear a story of someone having to deal with so much stuff and my simple life just rolls on. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I give thanks for all of MY blessings!

23. Ted, what he said and more! i hope this finds you in better shape. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
    hearing about some one in your situation and still being a "hotrodder" make me cringe at my own whining about stupid stuff and not getting a car finished. Again,thanks for a "reality check" as some folks call it! and my thoughts and prayers are with you!
    R.R.

24. guiseart

guiseart

No further word... and I can't find his phone number... might google/search him and give him a ring. Got me all worried.

25. kentucky

kentucky

Prayers sent. Be strong!

26. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Be well SOON, bro.

27. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That letter from Ted kinda puts everything in perspective, doesn't it? The daily hassles that seem so important really don't matter in the long run.

Ted, we're praying for you.............

28. My thoughts and prayers go out to you Ted.

29. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Aint that the truth Skate Fink...
    I too wonder why I have gone through this life so far with more good things than bad happen.
    Ted, my prayers are said for your recovery. Please know that i will continue to keep you in mind. PJ

30. guiseart

guiseart

Ted wrote me finally today, with an update... thanks for all the prayers people... U guys/gals are the best.

I'm doing better than 3 weeks ago. I still have a lot of pain with my back but it appears to be letting up some so maybe the breaks are healing themselves. They are trying to wait until it is better before the Colostomy. If I don't get to full of shit that will be okay. Ted

Visit www.erasems.com for information about Multiple Sclerosis, which is one of the seven most dreaded diseases in the world.