Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Hunt for Vintage Tin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Jun 2, 2023.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

The Hunt for Vintage Tin

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Thanks, In the 70's 80's & 90's My good friend, and I would take our 35m.m. cameras. And then go vintage tin hunting. Before GPS we would try to get lost on the back roads of Va. and West Va. I have several photo albums full of Vintage Tin photos. Here's just a few of some we drug home just to help to save them. The 34 Chevy was free. 20160126_043233.jpg 20160126_044046.jpg 387.jpg 393.jpg 447.jpg 410.jpg 459.jpg The farmer said, just take it with you. Those were some fun trips.

3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

When I had my rod shop on the farm I have several T sheet metal parts in my 2 areas of landscaping by the shop. I felt the parts were of minimal value so they could lay out in the weather. I also had this great deuce grille that I had found that was complete but with some rusted out spots that hung proudly on the front porch of the shop. Lastly a good friend brought me a really cool 20's T pedal car. I showed it to Speedy Bill who commented (it's worthless) it is now beside my shop in the landscaping. Old iron was plentiful in the country in Nebraska when I was younger bur 50 years later not so much.

tractorguy, OFT, Spooky and 1 other person like this.
  4. amen

OFT likes this.

5. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

upload_2023-6-2_6-7-49.jpeg Finding cars in woods is one of my all time favorite things to do. Spied this old hulk from the road on my last trip to the Mainland. San Juan Island, Washington. upload_2023-6-2_6-10-25.jpeg

6. WalkerMD

WalkerMD

Sad that that’s in better shape than what I’ve drug home to start with. :(

Jungle Jalopy likes this.
  7. Squablow

Squablow

Windshield posts, dash, top mounting brackets, some good bits left of that T pile for $100. We're fixing shit today that we wouldn't have dreamed of touching 20 years ago, and it's not like new finds are being re-generated. Somebody needs to get that.

8. Vintage tin can show up anywhere. Yesterday I was heading up to shop on the freeway, saw a car trailer with winch on the headboard and as I passed him, I saw that he had a vintage closed car cowl & firewall repurposed as a cover over the winch.

I should know what car it was from but can't place it now. It had a V shaped reveal in the center top and little round cowl lights on the corners. It was complete with a Stewart Warner vacuum fuel pump tank on the left side of the firewall.

Kinda made me smile, tho.

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Timely post. I’m out in the middle of no where USA this week where it takes 45 minutes to drive ten miles and the first time I came here I found a model A grill wired to a fence line on a hike. It was better than the one on my car! I made a call the the owner of the property and they sent it home with Me. Been coming back ever since.

10. AmishMike

AmishMike

Only thing I ever find is: no, no, not for sale, I am going to fix it some day. I know of a collection in really bad inner city; when the owner passes ( no relatives ) it will burn or city just bullnose flat. He will not sell even a small part, going to fix them all some day.

11. The steering wheel in the Model T looks good.