Register now to get rid of these ads!

In Vegas 9/23-9/29... Cool car places to go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailheadroadster, Sep 20, 2006.

1. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Hi Everyone, I know this is a bit O/T but not not too far off... I have to go to Vegas for a week and I will have some time to kill. Please let me in on some cool car places to go while I'm there. (i.e. museums, shops, any shows, junkyards, anything) Thanks for any and all help!!

2. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

The chicken ranch in purump nevada , you will have a blast;) !!!.

Buzz Bomb

3. tatts

tatts

22-24 there is a car show in henderson its pretty gold chainer but it big and still fun get drunk and listen to some nice SOUNDING cars

4. squirrel

squirrel

what time you getting in on the 23rd? the street drags in Kingman are going on 10am-10pm, it's an hour or two southeast

5. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

And after that ......The Chicken Ranch:p
    Buzz Bomb

6. il Revrunde

il Revrunde

there are some cool old junkyards out by the dragstrip and off 15 north of nellis afb. but carroll shelbys shop is right there as well. too bad your 3 weeks too early for the rockabilly rod reunion.

7. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Yeah, kinda bummed about the early timing but it's work related so it's gotta be then. Thanks for the info guys!!

Tred... first rounda cold ones are on my bill, man!!

Chicken ranch? Chicken ranch???... OOOOhhhh, I get it!!! Buncha 3 and 5 window coupes to hold all the chickens right???? :rolleyes:

8. When you get back from the Chicken Ranch - go to the Imperial Palace - they have an outstanding car museam with about 30 Deusys and lots of other cool cars. It is just really cool to stand in a room with all those Deusenburgs - (sp?)

then thars the Chicken RANCH - holy shit - shag carpet with plastic coated furniture, tokens to purchase beer - two double wides with surrounded by a picket fence - middle of nowhere and some of the ugliest women I've ever seen - and we were plowed.

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That saturday there is the Vegas Super Run in Henderson. Usually a lot of cars. Usually some decent ones mixed in with some aweful ones. The entry fee is pretty high this year I hear, so maybe it will be better (or worse).

check out the car museum at Imperial Palace. Also we actually have a SoCal speed shop that's worth the while. Not a lot of car things to check out surprisingly.

For other stuff, here's a good thread:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113381&&showall=1

10. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

I really appreciate the ideas guys!! I figured in a week there had to be at least a few cool things to do.

11. Gator

Gator

What a coincidence, my wife's gotta fly out there on business the same wee and they're letting me go this time. I was just gonna ask the same question.

We're staying at Caesar's.

12. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Hey Gator, With that being the case, I will spill the beans as to why I'm going... It's VOI 9 (the Viper owners invitational). Not exactly hotrods but you will see well over a thousand Dodge Vipers, more than you'll ever see in one place at one time again. It's VERY impressive!!! A whole shit ton of money wortha cars though. I am going as a vendor and the host hotel is the Venitian. The garage at the Ventian will Be PACKED with them. Just being a car guy you can definitely appreciate the mass of power all packed into one place!!! Let me know if you wanna take a look and I could probably walk you through some of it. I gotta warn you though... it's not like the type of carshow we are used to, mostly just them parking there and going to the track or riding around. Also, a lot of owners are hardcore goldchainers so don't expect too much of the friendliness like the kind you'd find on this forum. LOL