Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 40 Dash in a 34 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lakepipes, May 7, 2023.

1. lakepipes

lakepipes
    from australia

Hi All,
    I'd like to put a 40 ford dash into my 34 Tudor and are looking for information or pictures of how you all have handled the windscreen winder mechanism and handle. It appears that it will come through the dash but it would do so at an angle.
    Any help or suggestions would be great or if you have pictures... even better
    Thanks.

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@IronTrap has a 40 dash in his 34 3 window I believe

lakepipes likes this.
  3. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

39 Ford still had a crank out windshield but the dash was flatter than a '40. It might work better.

lakepipes likes this.
  4. lakepipes

lakepipes
    from australia

I checked with Matt and he’s not running with a wind out screen. But thanks for the lead.

Tim likes this.

5. lakepipes

lakepipes
    from australia

Thanks but I’m stuck on a 40, and being in Australia 40 dashes are hard to come by, 41 ford even more so.

Okie Pete likes this.
  6. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

How about adapting a small power window motor to the windshield crank mechanism? You can open the windshield with the push of a button and not be bothered with having to adapt the crank handle to a 40 dash.
    The aftermarket has small motors that replace crank handle mechanisms, though you could do the same with any wrecking yard motor much cheaper. This one happens to have a square drive (like the 34 winder) rather than the later 16 tooth shaft. You'd need to fab a bracket for the motor and a coupler.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/eli-45823#overview

Jim Bouchard likes this.