Register now to get rid of these ads!

straight six intake ID?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnnygringo, Sep 20, 2006.

1. johnnygringo

johnnygringo
    from Nashville

im finally getting around to swapping out my tired 235 for a rebuilt one and have been accumulating parts for about a year...i had scored two different intakes that were supposedly for a 235 but neither one is fitting

the intakes holes are about 7/16" wider than the studs on the exhaust manifold

can anybody verify either of these two intakes application for me?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fentons #'s
    [​IMG]

2. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

You've got a couple 216 intakes there. The heat riser bolt pattern differed between 216s and 235s, as did the intake port size. Often times, this isn't a problem, because most guys that run a dual intake also run headers, and the 216 ports can easily be opened up to 235 size. If the Edelbrock was for a 235, there would be a "PG" (for Powerglide) cast on the center intake port.

3. johnnygringo

johnnygringo
    from Nashville

im running duals to headers but the manifold is split so its not actually two

i appreciate the help

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

then you're running a split manifold, not headers.

what year is your 235? 216 and early 235s match, but not late 235s. A lot of ebay ads say "fits 216 and 235" but they don't. If you hadn't already split the exhaust you could just bolt on the exhaust that fits your intake.

5. RF

RF

You're easiest solution would be to sell the early manifolds to buy a correct later one (Patrick's has the recast Fentons for 235s).

6. johnnygringo

johnnygringo
    from Nashville

correct...my mistake

and its the later model mill

i figure RF is right and thats the way im goin

thanks again

7. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Yup - you can run either of these on a 235. The main issue is the exhaust riser bolt pattern and the port size. Run headers or a 216 exhaust manifold, and either bore out the intake ports on the manifold to accept the larger 235 port locator rings, or get adaptor rings. Stovebolt sells em for 9 clams a set.

Make sure you have the right carb size, as the 235 bolt pattern 2 15/16 is different from the 216 bolt pattern 2 11/16.

8. whites customs

whites customs

wanna sell one of these

9. you mentioned possibly getting a new Fenton from Patrick's; I know Pat has been looking for an Edelbrock manifold, he's been bugging my boss for years to get his. I bet you could work a trade to your liking.