Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Nathan Cooper aka The Flatspot. Don't trust this scammer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Mar 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh yes, I'm their number one customer lol

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I think the key to all this is they are using a business or website name and you never know his real name until it is too late? he has had a pile of different business names and can change at any time... And as always pay with Paypal (not F&F) and you have some buyers protection

clem, fauj, VANDENPLAS and 5 others like this.
  3. Driver50x

Driver50x

I just joined his Facebook group…..just so I can warn other people. Lol

I’m sure I’ll be kicked off there shortly.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been a FB member of that group for a while but never had any dealings with the individual. I'm thinking that he is into selling shirts, trinkets and wall decoration pertaining to Flatheads or flathead related things now. I won't say that there might be a bit of copywright infringement if he isn't reselling some items as he may well be.
    I'm not making excuses for the guy and I need to be selling wall decoration rather than buying it. The knowledge base there is just as it is here. Some very knowledgable folks some fairly knowledgable people and about the same number of bullshit artists who throw out guesses or what they heard at the spit and whittle club rather than do research.

firstinsteele and Driver50x like this.
  5. While his career has been long, it will come to an end. Things have a way of catching up to you eventually.

Roothawg likes this.
  6. G-son

G-son
    from Sweden

People tend to calm down a lot with age. That's probably good, as life in prison isn't much of a deterrent in the end. :cool:

7. Mac VP

Mac VP

I’ve held off putting in my two cents on this fellow but it’s time to express my thoughts. Mr Cooper has created a resource on the internet….more power to him for that. My beef is that he lifted practically all of our exploded parts drawings directly from our website. I’ve never claimed that these are our original drawings….most are scanned from various manuals and resources of the manufacturer. However, most of the drawings have been cleaned up and enhanced by me so that they are easily viewed and printed out by the viewer. This is my small contribution to the hobby. I can’t begin to tell you how many hours of my personal time, spent in my evenings and weekends, over the last 20 years, that he has simply lifted from our website and pasted into his. All done without my permission. When we asked him to remove the drawings from his site, he replied in a rude fashion. I think that he has created his own bad press without any help from others, but I believe that it’s a good idea to keep this subject alive…for years to come. He can morph into other internet platforms and identities, but a bright light should always shine on the real Nathan Cooper. This is my two cents….

54delray, badshifter, Spooky and 41 others like this.
  8. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Lloyd's paint & glass, I love ya man, but I don't believe you've ever been to jail. Nothing, absolutely nothing about jail, is better than outside.

05snopro440, RMR&C, Carter and 3 others like this.
  9. Depends on your old lady... ;)

BJR, SuperKONR, greener200 and 3 others like this.
  10. phat rat

phat rat

If she's that bad why would you stay?

11. Have you looked at how expensive divorces are? Also I'm not married...

12. Well Alan, I guess some things we don't know about each other, are best left alone :D

13. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or at least until we've had a beer or three together ;)

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  14. Son of a……… That was my brother, he owns a plumbing business out west. He told me that story one Thanksgiving! The family was staying at a hotel and he was alone in the house fixing the sewer pipe. Some guy pulls up in a cab and lights out when he opened the door. He thought it was a disgruntled former customer. Never was quite right after that. :)

15. Guys if we could keep this on topic that would be great. I know I've strayed a bit as well. Just this is important and I don't want to see it derailed.

16. Hemiroid

Hemiroid

He has built the equivalent of the HAMB on (the dark side) Facebook for the Flathead...

He has gotten sponsors on board that are donating to his cause and offering Flat Spot members a discount. A lot of those sponsors are also sponsors here on the HAMB.

He is spreading the gospel of the Flathead to anyone that will follow so be aware WHO you are doing business with going forward. I can't fault vendors for embracing (the dark side) as a source to peddle their parts. That's just a smart business decision. I trust that when the (the dark side) crowd is buying through a vendor they have nothing to do with the man in question.

I'm not defending the man in question, far from it. I don't trust the management over on (the dark side). I do trust that peeps making purchases with the vendors he has on board are going to take care of business just like they do here. That is not 'mine' or 'our' concern.

He started a freight train rolling and its not going to stop. He has as faithful of a following as Ryan does here. His name got dragged through the mud when he was first starting his page. He easily blocked and booted the nay-sayers. He has grown his page to be one of the biggest flatty pages on (the dark side).

If someone comes into our neighborhood and disses Ryan there are going to be a lot of people coming to Ryan's defense. Sorry to say the same will happen over on (the dark side) of the internet. He has become that new neighbor that we do not want in our neighborhood.

17. I'm sorry. But 25k followers on a group on Facebork is nothing compared to the hamb. I doubt any of those "sponsors" know of his real dealings. Do you think they'll support him if they do?

18. 5window

5window

So, let them know and see what happens.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  19. Adriatic Machine

Adriatic Machine

There was a thread about it on that page. After about 15 comments in two days the thread was deleted.

Spooky likes this.
  20. Gotta control the narrative.

If the guy wasn't such a prick to my employee and then me, I wouldn't even have looked up who he was and and made the connection between the flatspot and him.

21. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

After he started the Flat Spot FB page I called him out and he came back with a reply about doing bad things in the past but he was a new person now and would only be on level from then on. Guess he didn't change after all.

'28phonebooth likes this.
  22. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

That’s classic!!!
    A guy I know had a race motor being built. Guy kicked the rods out of it on the dyno. Told him he wasn’t responsible. The guy I know said, oh really, hold that thought. Hopped on a plane and showed up at his shop!

Spooky, anothercarguy and SS327 like this.
  23. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

I have been fucked so many times that I could drop my jeans and squat down on a Beer can and not feel it go in my ass! I haven't bought anything for years unless I can touch it. I've driven to Texas, Michigan, both Dakotas, Il. and Ky. If I want it, I go get it. Awhile back their was a '50 Ford speedo/gauge panel for sale on the HAMB, I wanted it for my AV8 project. Didn't want to drive to Ca. for it so I PM 'd the guy, checked him out and took a chance. Sent him a Money Order and 10 days later I had my speedo. Things are looking up. Needed a U-joint for my '36 Trans. It's in Colorado, PM'd him, a week later it was in the Mail box, Damn, have people really changed! I saw the " Have you driven a flathead lately" tag topper on Instagram, thought it was kool, I should have one. Sent my money on Thursday and Tuesday it was in my Mail. Why me?? I wouldn't have ordered it had I seen this first but I got my stuff. Don't know what to say, guess I lucked out!

24. impala4speed

impala4speed

It really sucks that there are pricks like this out there. And it's just more reason why I never, ever go on Facebook.

25. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

Well, it would be a gated community and you would always have a no-cost "cell" phone to use....lol...

26. Unless you wind up being someone's bitch!!

27. XXL__

XXL__

I doubt it :(

28. E9786B28-0F5D-4540-B479-FF1310B77D16.png 9C71E64C-E667-403F-8CC8-68969D37BB4D.png

These are the first two that come up .

if you use different search words even more crap comes up about this guy .

Thanks got the update

Truckdoctor Andy and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  29. Rand Man

Rand Man

I followed that group for a while on the FB. I un-followed, mainly because of some really smart-assed members. I had no idea that guy had screwed members here. Maybe he’s getting his shit together now? Regardless, it’s tough to hear about HAMB members getting screwed. That type of thing really burns bridges.

30. Leopards rarely change their spots!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.