Register now to get rid of these ads!

a BILLETPROOF THANK YOU to YOU!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Sep 17, 2006.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

OK, I just got back home and I'm beat, but I wanted to say a little something to everyone who made it to BILLETPROOF before I crash out and become a vegetable...

Today was AMAZING. You guys never cease to amaze me with your dedication, talent and support. The final count was 918. Yes, 918!!! There was something for everyone and lots of fresh cars made their debuts. I honestly thought that 800 cars was the most we'd ever have, but WOW! With double the number of vendors this year everyone seemed to have plenty to choose from shopping wise.

The day blew me away! I got emotional a couple of times seeing old friends and thinking about the last 15 years or so of hot rodding in Northern California. I almost lost it a couple of times during the awards, but I think I pulled it off. I am stoked for all of you who came and enjoyed yourselves and grateful that you made the trek. You made my day! Thank you. You guys ARE Billetproof.

2. Kirk,

we had a blast....thanks again, and the Brits were blown away by the show!

See ya soon

3. NV rodr

NV rodr
    from Reno, NV

Today was definately "all time" . I can't wait to get started on next years Project.

4. NV rodr

NV rodr
    from Reno, NV

Whoops... hit button too fast. I wanted to thank everyone and especially , Thank You KIRK!

5. Cranium

Cranium

What a great show. LOADS of cars, LOADS of great vendors...
    My 2 year old was really digging it. When it was time to go, he kept saying "more car show... MORE CAR SHOW!" ;)

Thanks for a great time.

6. Great show KIRk see ya next year

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Just pulled into my driveway at Midnight on the dot...

WHAT A KICK ASS SHOW!!! Hot Rod Overload!!!

Congrats on another fine show Kirk and thanks for meeting my demands,,,hahahahahaha YOU RULE!!!

I Must Sleep now for a long time.

Evel

8. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Kirk,
    what a great, amazing, fun, awesome, incredible and overwhelming carshow:) Nice speech and shout outs to those who have helped be involved with Billetproof over the years at the awards and yes ... you were right! all the car clubs are coming up with alot of great car award tophies every year.
    I had a blast and really looking forward to it in 2007 and i'm stoked the show is here to stay:) The Roadzombies give a big thank you for another successful year at Billetproof!

Best wishes and enjoy your rest, you deserve it!
    CAB

9. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

how was the music?

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Great show KIRK see ya next year.

11. blacufo

blacufo

i remember the days at Robertson Park, show has come a long way, still stayed true to the grass roots. This year was the best, good cars, people, friends, food, and BEER

12. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Well KIRK, I wanted t o say THANK YOU...

I have been since 2003, and this year was so much fun, I am glad you are continuing to do the show and such, Lookin damn forward to next years!!

Thanks to all who made the day what it was!

13. dehudso

dehudso

We couldn't have done it without YOU too. Gotta remember that.
    Thanks Kirk.

14. Barn-core

Barn-core

Thanks, KIRK for putting on another great show. There was so much to do, and see, and H.A.M.B.ers to meet, that by the time I left my head was spinning.

15. The Wolf

The Wolf
    from OAKLAND CA

yesterday was a far cry from my first billet proof (a rainy day at albany bowl). i can't imagine how much work it is to put a show like that on. hat's off to you KIRK! see you next year.

16. shop rag

shop rag

We always look forward to this show and it was fantastic! Definately a decade celebration of a legendary show with outstanding entertainment and coordination. Thank You

17. Thank you...for another great year. Seemed well organized for a show this big and of course, the cars were awesome. Definitely worth that organ-jarring drive down hwy 12!

See ya next year.

Bryan

18. johnnykck

johnnykck

I have to say thank you, to you Kirk for putting on an unbelievable show, and giving every one there a realy great day, a day that we will be talking about for a long time, at least until Billet proof 2007 when I'm sure we will have an even better show!
    Wow 918 car, we were trying to figure out how many cars yesterday I was guessing 850, but 918, incredible!!

19. Brad B

Brad B
    from Nor Cal

Kirk,
    Just want to say THANK YOU to you and all of the friends and family who keep this show going. It truly was an amazing show, as it is every year.
    Looking forward to 2007, and starting another decade of rust, primer, and metalflake.

Brad

20. petey66

petey66
    from Napa

My thanks also, best ever, just sucks I had to go to a wedding and miss the music. Thanks again!

21. Chuck R

Chuck R

Kirk, we had a great time. I have been going since the 2nd year at Albany Bowl, every year has been great. Hope it worked out well for you.
    Chuck

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

The day could not have gone smoother, the weather could not have been better, and the crowd could not have been cooler.

One word...

AMAZING!

23. JUSTJAY

JUSTJAY
    from LEFT COAST

Yo This Is The Poor Boys 9th Year @ This Show. And Falling On The Tenth Anniversary, My Favorite Part Of The Show, Was To See Jay Ward And Kirk On The Stage Together With Nick And Dirty Running Around. It Was Just Like Old Times.

24. Steel Phoenix

Steel Phoenix

Kirk, it was a great show! Yes, I managed to sneak out of the panel jam and look around a few times.

918 cars? Yow! I was wondering about the number, given I don't remember the cars taking over that much near the entrance before.

The panel jam was a blast! I'm glad you talked me into 'organizing' it last October. Looking forward to doing it again next year, now that I know more of what to do. :D

Pictures of the panel jam are on the way.

25. KIRK!

KIRK!

The panel jam seemed to go off great! Thanks for organizing and running it.

26. RagDoll

RagDoll

Thank you Kirk for another rockin Billetproof. As usual, I enjoyed myself immensely, and I saw nothing but smiles and cars. Great job! I'm already counting the days until next year.

27. Muttley

Muttley

Great show, great cars, met lots of HAMBers. I'll be back next year for my fourth Billetproof. ;) ;) :cool:

28. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hats of to KIRK!y-poo. great job, now get some rest. did i miss the patches or am i retarded?

29. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

Ya it was Jay!!!! As always, good seeing you to!!!

Dirty

30. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

kirk, this was my first billetproof, i did alot of work just to get my car up for the drive, and it held up on the freeways with a 3 speed (overdrive next year!) just wanted to say thank you, i could not have been happier. the drive up there with thee wanderers was memorable, the timing tags are AWESOME, the poster is great, i am just glad i got to be another car on the grass, and cant wait to come back next year. great times and great people!