Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introducing myself and my Falcon

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Steve Tharp, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Steve Tharp

Steve Tharp

Hello all.

My name is Steve Tharp and I own a 63 Ford Falcon four-door base model. It currently has a 170 I6 with a Ford-o-Matic two-speed transmission with a 7.25 rear end. I have rebuilt the suspension and brakes. I am moving on to the drivetrain. I just purchased a 9-inch rear end and am about to purchase a 289 V8. Still looking for an AOD transmission. I am curious if anyone out there knows of issues with transmission tunnel clearance with an AOD swap. Thanks in advance.

2. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from East Tennessee. I owned a '62 many years ago and absolute loved it. I'd probably still have it if my oldest daughter hadn't caught it on fire and spun it through a bridge railing. She survived without a scratch, the car didn't fare nearly as well. There are lots of guys on here who can give you pointers on what you want to do. Post pictures of your project, the more, the better.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. alanp561 likes this.
  4. Steve Tharp

Steve Tharp

Glad to hear your daughter was OK. Sorry about the car though.

lothiandon1940 and alanp561 like this.

5. Steve Tharp

Steve Tharp

6. Just.dale

Just.dale