Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New projects in 2023?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 26, 2022.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I started the current Brookville deuce roadster over a year ago by delivering the body to Andy's where he slid the passenger compartment back 2.25 inches and lengthened the doors the same and rolled the front of the doors and cowl like a 36 roadster. Frames on here built me a FH motor which has been test run, broken in and is ready to go. Since I retired and built my last customer chassis in Feb there has been a set of boxed rails fixtured up on the frame table. I can't seem to get motivated. Still waiting on Posies for an A spring and Coker for rear tires. On the bright side my chopped deuce highboy sedan should go to the upholstery shop 1st of the year and be ready for spring?

2. Rick, when our daughter wrecked Brenda's shop magnum wagon I had to replace it with another one, then I got hit head on in my daily pickup, it to 4 months to get settled with the insurance company, I didn't get what I wanted but I got close, then I had to find a replacement, I did find one 3 weeks ago but had to use most of my hot rod funds to avoid making any payments.

I intend to make some progress on the '65 Ford truck but it will be slow, I've managed to gather some parts but I'm afraid this project won't go together in 6 months like the '32 pickup did, not enough ready cash nor free time.

I also need to do some minor work on the '32 beater. HRP

3. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I recently traded for this car, and in 2023 all it needs is driving.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Illustrious Hector

Illustrious Hector

As posted by el Scotto I have to clear 1 project from the roster to focus on the others. A '31 CC pick-up that has stalled and seems to inhibit any progress elsewhere. I'm too tall to make it work right and need to do engine work on one Buick and sheet metal on the other, a few small things to do on the Tudor, plus bike stuff etc.

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What-cha got in your garage, mister?

Okie Pete and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. 31Apickup

31Apickup

My plan is to blow this all apart, finish weld the final chassis items and paint the chassis. Reassemble and possibly paint the body. F48ACDE2-DA0A-419B-9074-FFCB0E20991E.jpeg

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Same projects as last year at this time, if I got all the doors finished this year I'd consider that a major accomplishment. I get a lot of enjoyment following the builds here on the HAMB. Happy New Year to everyone! Bob

Okie Pete likes this.
  8. This will be the engine for the '65 Ford truck, it's a 289 and ready to be installed.

It is the same engine I gave Tom (seadog) several years ago, he had it rebuilt and used it in his '32 roadster for several years, he then decided to up his game and purchased a 347 Ford stroker engine and gifted me the 289. HRP

9. I hope to finally start tearing into my 33 pickup at somepoint this year. Some rust has finally got to the point I need to tackle it, plus the old paint below the teal my grandpa shout over 30 years ago is letting go in a few places.

I have been collecting parts for some changes to it, but the plan is to get is all set to go another 30+ years and lots of miles like it has done since my grandfather put it together before I was born.

[​IMG]

10. Good Grief! Who is that fat man in the video? That can’t be me…

Okie Pete likes this.
  11. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm planning on breathing life into the stalled 55 F100 project. It has been sitting for over 18 months but a little over a week ago it was so damn cold outside that I came into the shop and went back to work on it. Hopefully it will be running sometime in 23 or 24. I was able to get the body off and have started back up. Working on the 9" rear, replacing springs all around and disc brakes in the front. The cold weather keeps me inside and focused on the project.

Okie Pete and bchctybob like this.
  12. Tom, at our age I'm just glad we are still able to have fun. HRP

Okie Pete and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  13. tarheelrodr

tarheelrodr

My plan is to continue to figure out this retired lifestyle while continuing my very first build. Going to pickup my newly rebuilt flathead on Monday. Going in my late father’s 34 pu. See avatar pic for it as he had it. 5BA58047-B32E-442A-A434-142F7BB65325.jpeg 779F4A96-4C85-439F-B4FA-E16E7A3A296D.jpeg

14. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I was trying to build another hotrod,just for the fun of it. Maybe sell latter.
    The plan took shape over a few years,after all,I already have one to keep up with .
    But as time passed over a number of years,we kind of end up with left over parts,tell one day that pile of leftover parts>takes on the shape of another rod,an I even buy a few part for the idea of it!!! Gave it a car name in my head too!! :D
    But now the real world hits me,I'm not going to build it after all ,now going on 81 yo.
    So 2023 is a good year too sell the parts, I'm never going to use! So they can be part of a cool rod !:cool:;) That will save $ n time for someone!
    You need this right??:)
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ounted-with-1917-hup-hot-rod-project.1243767/
    Some of,what I thought are very cool parts to make a rod all go with the kind of kit?,a bit outside the box,so not just a copy .
    PDR_2241.JPG PDR_2244.JPG
    PS;Bird alum V covers are gone though.

15. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

For me, I'm just hoping to get my house sold, get my new wife's house sold and buy a new place that has enough room for all of our cars so that I can get my Galaxie home and get the heads off and fixed.
    Then get her Nova sorted and back on the road.
    Get my Fairlane on the road and tagged
    And see if I can buy either a 56 Ford Victoria or maybe buy my old shoebox back.

Ya know... 'just' those things... and attend shows all over the country shooting video and photo coverage so people know what they missed by not being there.

16. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I'm still trying to regain the energy I had pre Covid.

das858 and Okie Pete like this.
  17. cshades

cshades
    from wi

are you really going to work on it larry? i didnt think you could actually even see it in your shop. lol

18. Drive the wheels off this one and probably get the T Touring ready to sell....which maybe means I get look for a new project - 5 window, phaeton, hmm???

Attached Files:

Okie Pete likes this.
  19. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Getting started on a mid '60s drag style '29 RPU. Looks like it will be a 354 Chrysler and Tremec TKO with a '63 Olds rear. I'm still in the parts acquisition phase. I'll start a build thread here when it begins to look like something.

20210315_210617.jpg 20221027_124029.jpg 20220410_135431.jpg

das858, Okie Pete, rod1 and 10 others like this.
  20. Dana, what are the lens from? HRP

[​IMG]

dana barlow likes this.
  21. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On Albany NY craigslist.....1939 Studebaker Commander....Gasser project...no title,,,,Cool as a cucumber.... D4DC8E91-3630-4342-87EE-6B805666DF86.jpeg

Okie Pete, bchctybob and dana barlow like this.
  22. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just noticed,,,Ford 5 wide rims...

23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Sounds like you might be planning to ruin it but it’s yours so carry on.

24. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2023 Desoto 5 window that fell in my lap ...sorta... Screenshot 2022-12-03 12.33.50 PM.png

Okie Pete, Rickybop and dana barlow like this.
  25. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Well ,it's like this,I don't like big lights at all,but the're those that do!
    So fig they be good on ,something I'm selling anyway. This set of old Stainless Steel Ford A big lights were in my junk box an missing there gutts n Ford lens.
    I looked around for lens,but turns out none seem to be glass ANY MORE "Only Gold are 4 sale" LOL :p
    So I found these in Triftystore one day...,they only had two,@ $2 each. Seem to be cool looking kind of,n the right fit n cost at that. Cheepeeee.;)
    Something out side the box in looks!!o_O All most sexy!!!!!with Goosebumps............

I test lit one with a homemade blub n bracket a few years back. Played n moved the bulb in an out to get best focus, an if it's in the right place,it'll light about 50 to near 80 ft' away on driveway,not great,but these big lights never were much better. {Except the new fake ones being make as repops with new high tech 'H' blubs}.
    Some one will need to do there own playing with making them work like they want.

Okie Pete likes this.
  26. Well... '23 is going to be all about my '29 build. I hope to have it done before it turns 100. :D

Answered an ad on Marketplace for a '29 closed cap pickup cowl. The price was too good to be true so I jumped on it. When I get there, I met this badass old hot-rodder named Paul. Paul has some beautiful '29s. One's a closed cab pickup, the other is a woodie. He has a chopped Merc that is just unreal. He has a bunch of spare engines, transmissions... pretty much everything you need to build about 4 cars.

It was a blast and worth the trip just to look around and talk to the guy. Listening to his history in hot-rodding, checking out the magazines his stuff has been featured in, I felt like I had found the mythical city of El Dorado. :cool::cool::cool:

He said this cowl was just laying around and in his way. I didn't even bulk at the price, I just handed over the cash. Then he said "I'm about to make your day, and my wife's all at the same time.".

So, he started diggin through stuff and started loading things into my truck.

I got a pile of parts and made a friend today. Not bad for $300.

I guess it's time to get off my ass and get to it. ;)

20221230_131335.jpg 20221230_131349.jpg 20221230_131359.jpg 20221230_131423.jpg

1lucky1, Cooon, Okie Pete and 6 others like this.
  27. bchctybob

bchctybob

Hey, those are old Hedman "batwing" zoomies on that hemi. I musta welded up a hundred or more sets of those things.

28. bchctybob

bchctybob

More of the same for '23.... NO NEW PROJECTS!
    Hoping to get the Stude pickup running and driving. Hopefully it'll be a daily driver.
    I've just got to get our Morris Minor woody painted and back together. It runs and drives so nice, but the stars haven't aligned for me on a paint job yet.
    The Sam Conrad roadster clone will continue to go together, hopefully I'll get the body to the painter soon.
    Just maintenance and a few small changes to my red coupe, (rear end gears).
    I'm afraid my Nailhead powered '33 pickup is still sucking hind tit, but you never know.