Register now to get rid of these ads!

any Omaha area slot car fans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynj1, Sep 6, 2006.

1. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

Just incase there is anyone interested in slot racing, We now have a 165' 6 lane blue king track set up at the hobbyplex. The hobbyplex is just off the ervington exit out buy the old sunset speedway. We are racing 4" nascar and GP1 on tuesday nights starting at 7:00 These are 1/24 scale cars not the lil ho ones and they are a blast to race. Any HAMBers want to come out a give it a try will find ya a car and controler to try your hand at it. We are trying to get enough intrest that hobby town will let us keep the track there all the time. Maybe if we get enough HAMBers involved we could get a HAMB night.

2. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

The two cars on the ends are the classes we are running now the wing car in the midle is a class we will more then likely be running sone.

Attached Files:

3. hoof

hoof

My uncle had a two track place here in PA for a while, and it really was a blast. Those wing cars FLY! He had a drag track too, that was kinda cool. He closed and there are no more around, I thought it was dead for good.
    CHAZ

4. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

We'd like to see more hambers racing real cars on a real track.Friday nights in Pacific Junction is run what ya brung.South Omaha Turds and Road Burners can attest that a good time can be had by all.See you at the track?

5. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

Been racing real cars on real tracks in about 20 diffrent states since 1976 and working on them for about another ten before that. Dont mean I cant have some fun on a slot track as well. Got a shit load of RC airplanes from small indoor stuff to big 1/4 scale stuff too . Try hanging a 2500.00 airplane on it prop and back it up till it touches its tail on the ground and pulling out of it. Yea that will get your hart pumpin. Play in a band too

6. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

7. stressed_out

stressed_out
    from Omaha

The hobbyplex is my neighbor. I live on state st. which is just north of the Irvington exit. I like slot cars, but haven't really gotten into the 1/32 or 1/24s due to lack of space for it. I've got a pretty old aurora ho track, in perfect shape, with some cars, I have to settle with that for now....

8. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

Your right about the space the 1/32 and 1/24 take,it can be a problem. I had a 5'x13' ovel in my garage on wheels. Some of my friends and I where out there every weekend putin down a few and racin slots, had a blast. Sold that track and built a 47' L shaped 8. I need to get off my a** and get it painted and braided so we can get back to weekend partys. We cant drink at hobbyplex but its still fun to get with the other guys and do some racin. I just put this thread in cass any HAMBers were looking for something to do this winter when things can get a lil slow with our big toys

Attached Files:

9. stressed_out

stressed_out
    from Omaha

I've always been a fan of the older scratch built brass chassis 1/24 cars. Very cool following for those, alot of neat old parts are still out there. I have a Russkit chassis jig around here somewhere that I was thinking about putting to use, but any spare time for me is few and far between...

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Speaking of slot cars my frind Bobby showed me his original Bill Maverick Little Red Wagon slot car I about drouled to death.