Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical UNder floor master cylinder/pedal for '32??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Just looking for recommendations on a kit for an aftermarket boxed '32 frame. On paper they all pretty much look the same, but I know there are some better than others and others to stay away from. WHat are your thoughts??

thanks in advance.

2. Call Cory over at RJ’s Speed Shop.

3. FishFry

FishFry

Depends on how much you want to spend. There is the usual "Corvette" 1 inch dual cylinder for 75 bucks, plus a pedal/bracket and you are in business. But you still need 2 residual valves and a proportion valve, and you need to splice all that in your brake lines.

Or you spend 3 times as much and get one with everything already build in.

At the end of the day, they all brake the same though.
    It's more a question of convenience and budget.

4. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

I like Pete and Jake's stuff...

5. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

I have used Pete & Jakes, in my 34 and Model A's

WiredSpider and sdluck like this.
  6. I don't know what you are starting with but here is how I solved the problem with my AVATAR. I retained the original K member and pedal assembly. I built a bracket to mount my master cylinder behind the crossmember. Major components were from a '40 Ford and the linkage was designed to be the same as the '40.

Charlie Stephens

Card1 032.jpeg Card1 029.jpeg

alteredpilot likes this.
  7. For a single master you could look at the Chrysler master pedal combo that bolt to the side of the frame.
    [​IMG]

8. uncle buck

uncle buck

If you buy a setup using the dual reservoir corvette style master cylinder that has ports on both sides, my experience is that they are an absolute bitch to bleed all the air out

FishFry likes this.
  9. FishFry

FishFry

Yeah - I'm just experiencing exactly that. I only have two of them hooked up though. One is deleted with a bolt, the other one holds the brake light switch. Any advice?

Frank

10. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

When I bought my coupe it had a single Mustang m/c that I changed to a dual m/c from Pete&Jakes. Best up grade I ever done to the car..............

11. jimvette59

jimvette59

39 with a duel M/S.