Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage If Lloyd has a get together, would you come?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Oct 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My wife was hoping it would coincide with the Kentucky Derby…it does not.:( She also said if I’m driving she’s flying…things are coming together!!:D

2. i7083

i7083
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can a newbie whose car isn't going yet still show up for the party? 9 hours from KCMO for me...

3. gene-koning

gene-koning

ROAD TRIP!
    If anyone is thinking about coming from west of IL, and really doesn't want to drive on the interstate, maybe we could hook up. I don't do interstates if I don't have to. I do leisurely 60 MPH drives of 5-6 hours a day. I'd be a spectator at the drag strip. I already know how slow my car is.

We have been to LLoyd's area a few different times, (never met him!), there are very nice scenic options to interstate driving from here to there.

Lots of hills and curves, they don't know how to make straight roads in KY!

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Party?
    Somebody said PARTY?

7 hours. Piece o' cake.

Sounds like I better get hustling on the roadster.
    Or throw a motor and transmission in the Chrysler.
    Or buy a 4dr Rambler and a case of oil. Might be a safer bet.
    :D

Seems like a lot of the guys like the idea, Lloyd.
    Sounds like a good time. :)

5. spudshaft

spudshaft

This sounds really fun. Are y’all bringing spouses? I’ve only met a couple of hamb people in real life. Depending on the date I may have to drive an OT car.

6. Drive your Merc, go incognito, DON'T show your ID, and lay low. If anyone questions who you are, just say you're in the witness protection program and slink away! (I can't F@*&ing believe you DON'T own a Dodge!)

7. Not to mention the banjo music!

8. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

She tried to raise me better , but my damn friends ruined me !

9. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

It’s 106 miles to Lloyds place, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses……hit it

10. @wheeldog - This might be a reason to upgrade the car trailer to something enclosed. It would double as a camper. On a distance run like that, a support vehicle gives me piece of mind. The '57 could do it, but gobbles 10 gallons per hour. So around $600 round trip. Less than half that with my truck, trailer, car, wife, stuff... She wouldn't let me go to a hootenanny like this unsupervised!

11. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

12. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Wanted to also say thank you to Lloyd and his wife for such a gracious offer. A lot can happen in a year but one thing is for sure, I'm gonna be there or watching the goings on here on the HAMB every minute I can. What a thread that's going to be!

13. silent rick

silent rick

will there be trophies?

14. scoop

scoop

I'm in! Ya have to put a name to this thing!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  15. Might be able to make it. Owingsville is "do-able" as I go to the drag strip there occasionally.

16. Yes absolutely, but I make them, and pick them. Biggest crybaby, gayest looking car, etc.... lmao!

17. I’ve been told the pasture that the show will be held at already has the trophies
    6D7E6480-789E-445C-9568-D3C170388F63.jpeg

18. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Yes, empty beverage cans or bottles, you make your own, take home and display.

19. SS327

SS327

How far is Kentucky from Indiana?

20. silent rick

silent rick

not very, but remember to turn your calendar back twenty years when crossing the state line

dirt t, primed34, Tickety Boo and 9 others like this.
  21. SS327

SS327

Ok, but if I hear banjo music I’m paddlin faster.

22. Egg zackly one river away

chryslerfan55, 427 sleeper and SS327 like this.
  23. Check out battle the beast guide service on YouTube, Greg Thomas is his name, great guy, has rental cabins that are beautiful. You can see them on his website.

24. Cave run. Org. Shows a lot of the rental cabins in the area. I'm 2.5 miles off exit 121. There are numerous hotels at the 110 exit (avoid the days inn) and there's a pretty nice Hampton Inn at the 133 exit. That's the cave run exit also.

http://caverun.org/go/greggscabinrental.htm

25. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would imagine Lloyd's band would be playing the event;)
    0.jpg

26. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

46111001422_68173cc227_c.jpg
    This thing's never been south....Hmmmm. A bit over 7 hrs at 60mph. I can do that.

27. Jack, don't be hating and making fun of my region, just because your car won't make it, and Bonnie won't let you try!

Tickety Boo and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I may hook up n follow you down if you wanna fhp. We'll see where things are at come fall, but as of now I plan on sticking a geetar and banjer in my Ford and luggin my @zz down for aa weekend of cars n camping...

Lloydstock? Definitely needs a name..... Lol

29. chryslerfan55 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.