Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage big auction---nebraska

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty valley, Sep 24, 2022.

1. rusty valley

rusty valley

2. scotts52

scotts52

Wow! Quite the collection. Some very nice rigs

VANDENPLAS and rusty valley like this.
  3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The 30's-50's Diamond T rigs have very Art Deco cab and grille designs.
    Very cool.

4. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That '48 Diamond T wrecker could keep my Nash wrecker company. I do have a birthday coming up if anybody feels generous.

Tow Truck Tom and rusty valley like this.

5. rusty valley

rusty valley

Howard Hughes's camper ? They don't give much of the story, 38 ish gmc short bus

chryslerfan55 and 54delray like this.
  6. Wow! I see a whole bunch of stuff I would like to own. Pretty decent pics from the auction company too.

54delray and rusty valley like this.
  7. fuzzface

fuzzface

Wow! Lots of nice oddball stuff you don't see every day that is right up my alley. I like driving the stuff that makes people scratch their head wondering what that is or was. too bad shipping is so expensive right now.

8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I have a truck fetish.
    This is nuts.

how about this one.

422C34FE-7EFA-4B36-BC42-4E21928E7991.png

9. I agree, there are some really cool and rare trucks being auctioned. My problem would be picking one to bid on.
    I just saw a speedster like that yesterday at the Mob town Greaseball show in Baltimore. I didn’t take pics though.:(

10. Expect for a few datsuns and an errant pacer, this is nearly all hamb compliant raw material. If I may speak for Anthony, I think he would drive most of these. This is my pick, due to the compact size and ease of shipping. It’s a good thing that Nebraska is pretty far away. DE2750D3-8EA1-4CB1-8650-B941DEF84122.jpeg

11. Well now, 1900 kilometres and a year to pick it up, might be a road trip. Does it still snow in Nebraska?

54delray, vtx1800 and rusty valley like this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

6 months out of the year lol

13. That’s a lot of cool stuff !!

rusty valley likes this.
  14. scotts52

scotts52

So that's where all the early Ford COEs are hiding. Would love a 38/39 but would take the 40-47 as well.

15. scotts52

scotts52

Where did you see a year to pick up? That might change things for me.

rusty valley likes this.
  16. 1952henry

1952henry

I would drive the B81 Mack.

chryslerfan55 and rusty valley like this.
  17. fuzzface

fuzzface

not sure if this is good or not but just realized after closer inspection I am already registered to bid with this auction co and I bid on something here before. they sold stuff a couple of months ago online. They are closer than I thought, only 888 miles away. also got a new card with a $20,000 balance so I could put it to work. my problem with buying old stuff like this is I would want to keep it instead of flipping.

I already have 7 items I am watching on that site that are way closer to me and wouldn't be afraid to flip so I better pass on the Sidney auction, maybe. if I was smart I would bypass it completely and just look to see what the stuff sold for afterwards. if I watch the auction and the item is too cheap I might become a bidder. I just have a hard time wanting to resell the old unusual stuff like this.

18. Dustin 257

Dustin 257
    from Dallas

Damn. I wish you haven’t had posted this. Lol

shivasdad and rusty valley like this.
  19. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Man so many great projects. It’s nice to see that all of these have been saved from the crusher. Thanks to whoever hoarded all of these beauties.

54delray, WB69 and rusty valley like this.
  20. fuzzface

fuzzface

I agree with Slim above, Thank you to whoever was hoarding these for you guys that complain about hoarders otherwise these unusual vehicles would be an ordinary tin can years ago. Now you complainers have a chance again to build something COOOL!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. rusty valley

rusty valley

For those unfamiliar, western Nebraska is very good to its tin. Dry, high plains air. Yes, it gets cold at night, and it snows, but they also get warm days and seldom have snow cover all winter. Good place to go shopping

22. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

There's a few things in there that interest me. Western Nebraska is almost too far for me to go, but yet still doable.... hopefully it all goes too high so my problem is solved for me.

chryslerfan55 and tractorguy like this.
  23. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man that’s a hoard to try to unload. A couple mildly interesting ,but I do see a bunch of divorce material looming.

24. If you look at the auction site on hibid on the first page under auction details it says you have a year of free storage. It also mentions the 10 percent buyers premium.

54delray and scotts52 like this.
  25. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I wonder if they had any finished stuff, just curious.

26. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

That is quite the collection. The '58 Needle Nose K-Popper with the Hall Scott under the hood would be an interesting project. I wonder if it is the big Model 400 engine, or the smaller Model 590...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  27. Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    rusty valley likes this.
  28. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I'll ask dumb question How would one go about arranging shipping? Will there be shippers there? I have no idea?

29. tractorguy

tractorguy

Frick and Frack from American Pickers did a show from this guys stash about two ? years ago. They talked about the history of the Howard Hughes truck. It was a mobile dressing room for a movie starlet ??

54delray and rusty valley like this.
  30. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy Smokes...thats the mother load....

rusty valley likes this.