Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Revalution/Primer Nationals/Gean Windfield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

what a crazy amazing weekend.worked till about 8:00 friday night,me and the wife went to road zombies lil bills house fer a lil party before we drove to manteca (now remember my shops in san jose) got home about 1:00 am.Woke up at 6:00 showered drank my coffee cleaned up my 54 ,gased up and headed to pengrove for the Hot Rod Revalution and to meet up with Cab,larry,johny and Scotty chops.the revalution was a great show,a good turn out and quality traditional hot rods.seen a bunch of friends took some pics and was honord to have a chance to meet ryan and see his new and amazing coupe.after the show we gas up (me cab and scotty)and headed back towards the bay area.once we got close to the city we split up and went are separat ways home.i called my wife on the way home and told her to pack cuz were drivin to ventura and the primer nationals soon as i get home.well shes been bitching about the fence that needs fixing,so on the way home in manteca i stoped by home depot and loaded up the 54 with 20 fence boards so i could fix the fence.got home in manteca about 6:30. so i fixed the fence,and mowed the front lawn,cleaned the wifes 64 catalina,showered. so about 10:00 sat night me and the wife gased up her car and headed to ventura and the Primer Nationals . we got there about 3:30 am couldnt find a room so we sleeped in the car.tryed to any way.we got up about 7:00 washed up eat breakfast,then want to the fair grounds.once there john parker comped us in he was stoked we made it cuz i had told him and jenny(great pepole by the way)that i might not make it this year cuz to close to billetproof.any way john let my wife park her car by the stage (kool)with the awards cars.now heres were the story gets even better john asked me if i would present a lifetime achevment award to gean windfield at the awards saramony, man i couldnt beleave it i was on a cloud.so sunday at the primer nationals was great,presented the award to gean ,seen some friends from the bay area (who couldnt beleave we were there) ran into evel at the mad fabracators booth,seen some killer cars and jenny and john fed us as well.so any ways we headed back to manteca sunday at about 4:30 tryed to find an indian cisino on the way home so my wife could get a lil gaming in but i guess i drove past it. was to tierd to drive so we pulled over in gilroy about 9:00 and we slept in the car till 11:00 that night,gased up and drove the rest of the way to manteca,we got home at 1:00 am.woke up 6:30 monday morning(laborday) to go to the shop in san jose to get some work done.what a week end!!!! what you do over laborday week end:Di guess ill sleep after billetproof

2. Oh man, I need a nap after reading that!

3. Chopper Demon

Chopper Demon

You are a true road warrior bro, It's funny because just last night I was telling R.J. about how many miles i put on my car just running back and forth to the auto parts stores over last weekend. lol:D

4. I love it...a chopped, z-ed, slammed, '54 with 20 fence boards sticking out! I thought we were supposed to choose between the Revolution and Primer Nationals??

That's bad-ass...and Suzy's a trooper for keepin' up with ya!!

Bryan

5. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Damn Alex....and I thought I was tired.

Now I feel twice as tired after reading that.:eek:

6. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

alex could continue his story, as ive seen that he's working his ass off day & night out and will continue doing so between now and billetproof..... crazy and amazing at the same time.

Al- you're a living example of someone fueled by your passion for cars and i think that is inspiring. You definately walk the walk, bro (now make sure you dont work yourself to death though...)

-scott noteboom

7. brainfrz

brainfrz

Wow. what a story. I thought the choice was the revolution or primer nat'ls but you made both! Plus you did the chores around the house...what a man! Billetproof is coming up, you gonna sleep the whole time your at the show with schedules like that ;)

Jon

8. 53chevy

53chevy

Wow Alex. I thought I had a reason to bitch about being tired. Just finished my truck Thursday night before the weekend of the Primer Nats. Last year and this year I really had it pedal to the metal on getting the truck done. This whole years every bit of spare time, days off, weekends were spent working on it. Alex you're an awesome person and would love to bump into you and hear the stories. And after the show, I was too tired to do anything else at 4:30 pm. I'm truly a wimp. I need to come up to the Bay area for a show soon. Thanks for the read.

Ken

9. 53chevy

53chevy

Also, you need to take a vacation:D

ken

10. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

keep on truckin'?! damn Alex, see you at billetproof.

11. johnnykck

johnnykck

Wow, the story sounded impressiv when you told it to me on tuesday at my shop, but reading it realy makes a point of how much driving you did! Seeing both show's that weekend and the honor of presenting Gene Winfield with that award, what a blast!! And you're still trying to get two or was it three cars done for billet proof, man you are amazing!!
    Well I'll see ya in a few minutes, I'm on my way to my shop (late as usual).

12. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Damm Dude,,,

I thought I had a little sleep...Good to see you alive :D

See you BP.

evel

13. williesplace

williesplace
    BANNED
    from campbell

Hey Alex.this shows the young ones how us older car guys still can kick butt and also show what they have to look forward too when they get older:eek: Pretty cool,Alex.........see you at Billet proof!!

14. racer756

racer756

Alex, your nuckin futs!! get some rest, you got my 33 Coming after BP.
    Your dedication is awesome.

Redline Oil Racing

15. you better get some sleep after typin that!:D
    Awesome weekend you had eh.Just so mch going on down there!
    Killa about the Gene Winfiled thing!Congrats man.

Keep up the bitchin work you do and keep on cruisin lots too......Shiny

16. I had no idea you were going on such a mission! saw you on my way out of the revolution, thinking of repainting the plymouth, mybe before S.F. rod and custom, maybe we could do business??

17. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

call me

18. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

Damn Alex, I would have needed a pound of coke and a case of redbull to do even half of that!

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Who is Gean Windfield?

20. Hell Alex, I'm tired just from reading it!!

Cool deal with the Gene Winfield thing, see you at BP!

21. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

lets set the record strait car # 3 the choped shoe box aint going cuz ashly is going to washington on a family mater,so we stoped puting the back window in until after billetproof so we can focus on other stuf.and the othere two wont be done, theyll be at our booth thow were just trying to get as much as possible done on them! we will see,been having alot of hang ups:mad:well gots to go paint:D

22. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

I guess it's not all fun and games owning a hot rod shop. See you at Billet Proof. Scott

23. johnnykck

johnnykck

Well, Alex, from what I've seen the two that are going to be at Billetproof are looking pretty damn good!! Damn, realy nice color on Orly's truck!

24. Ratstu

Ratstu

Hey Alex - sounds similar to what us Canadians have to go through to get to all you're great events! You're definetly driven by passion. What an honor to present Gene with his award - congrats & keep up the good work . Hope to see you guys next year . Cheers Laurie

25. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

hey bro you guysgoin to vegas this year?

26. Ratstu

Ratstu

Ya , we will be rollin down in my buddy's 54 chev that i'm doin for him as we speak - lookin forward to hook'n up with you guys again . Its always way to much fun . Till then Laurie

27. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

congratulations on presenting the trophy, I wish I was there to see it.

Happy Birthday now get back to work :)

28. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

yes boss:D