Register now to get rid of these ads!

Houstoun Texas Car scene and Hamb'ers ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bella G., Sep 6, 2006.

1. Bella G.

Bella G.

I'm going to be cashing in my chips here in Socal and moving to North West Houston Spring/Woodlands area. Any good parts shops, any good swapmeets. What about the vehicle inspections. Since I'll have some extra cash I want to setup a sick looking model A and was wondering how this whole vehicle inspection thing works. Looking for some advice. Thanks Bella !

2. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Bella, I live in the woodlands area. A few hambers around. When you get here let me know. Inspection? Run antique tags and there is no inspection. The law is really pretty cool about old cars in the area.TP

3. Bella G.

Bella G.

Thanks sent you a PM

4. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Bella,

Well, for starters there is a swap meet this weekend at the horse track. Houston raceway park. It's Sunday. Better get there early.

I've been trying to get a monthly Cruze night going in town, and the Continental Club has cool shows all the time. I've met a bunch of HAMBers here in Houston, and I gotta say, they are all really cool.

5. Bella G.

Bella G.

Thanks for all the info. I can't wait for things to start rolling for me !

6. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

kinda short on real performance shops. Mostly ricer crap these days. There is a nice rod shop (hangs out here) Bruces Rod Shop in Spring. Welcom to Texas

7. I live in Spring and am re-creating my old 60's AA Fuel Coupe at the moment. Let me know when you get to town, I could use some California input. But hey, remember one thing, we are mostly conservative guys down here and like GW. Welcome to Texas. Home of the 1st Cavalry and 4th Infantry Divisions.

8. It's okay if you weren't born here, you got here as fast as you could!

9. Brad S.

Brad S.

We live in Spring as well.
    Real nice area and right in the middle of everything.

Woodlands Mall area - 10 minutes
    Downtown Houston (Minute Maid Stadium) - 30 minutes

You'll enjoy it here. There is a pretty decent "cruise night" near Spring and just south of the far west Woodlands area that "a lot" of HAMBers go to.

You'll have to get yourself ready for the Lone Star Roundup this year if you haven't been!

10. jrod60

jrod60
    from Katy, TX

Welcome to Texas! I'm in Northwest Houston (290/FM1960) too. Good to learn about the cruise and swap meets. Hopefully I'll make it to some events soon. Antique tags = no inspection, I like the sound of that.
    J