Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Pat Ganahl R.I.P.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky, Aug 19, 2022.

1. jim snow

jim snow

Great story. Thanks for sharing. Snowman ⛄️

Stogy, lothiandon1940 and Uncle Ronn like this.
  2. Joe Mildenberger

Joe Mildenberger

3. Joe Mildenberger

Joe Mildenberger

4. Joe Mildenberger

Joe Mildenberger

5. Joe, John, Doc and all of Pats neighbors, my condolences…..

warbird1, Stogy, tractorguy and 3 others like this.
  6. Joe Mildenberger

Joe Mildenberger

I love this. If you look beyond the windshield, you can see two burnout tracks left by Pat as he pulled up my drive. Still a small bit there today as I write.
    IMG_1183.JPG

7. Jay McDonald

Jay McDonald

anyone else remember a rodders journal story many years ago called "the pat and bill story" would love to see it again but can't seem to find it in my collection.

8. Are you talking about the story called, "Rod and Custom" where they featured Pat's roadster and shoebox that used to be Bill's?

Uncle Ronn, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  9. Curt Six

Curt Six

Issue #13

10. Jay McDonald

Jay McDonald

found it, thank you, wonderful story

Uncle Ronn likes this.
  11. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

Is his writing in number 85 rodders journal his final public piece? Seriously sad loss. What a treat to read his works

12. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

From David Freiburger

The event for Pat Ganahl last night was the most spectacular celebration of life I’ve ever seen! It was hosted by Galpin Speed Shop and attended by a group of legends the likes of which may never be together again in the same spot, all to remember a man of such great influence in hot rodding. His wife Anna and son Billy were entertaining and accurate in their comments about Pat. All were sad for the cause but stunned by the party.

7576A1D0-6DBA-4BB8-8966-A9A2B6ADC182.jpeg

hotrodtodd1960, i7083, Lil32 and 42 others like this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

The photos I’ve seen this morning are nothing short remarkable, and wholly deserving.

Uncle Ronn, Hitchhiker and 65pacecar like this.
  14. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a sad and great time yesterday late afternoon and evening. Anna, Bill and his wife were fantastic hosts to a Pats celebration. Pat was a good friend since 1975 as our interest in inline engines never waned. Pat had many friends and the celebration of his life with us could not have been better. 432205EE-9DA3-44E4-A419-52551FFC4E4C.jpeg

15. verde742

verde742

PRETTY MUCH SAYS IT ALL
    47C1531D-.jpg

16. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I just got home, will post pictures today. Quite a gathering !

18. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

19. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

20. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

21. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

If any of you have ever attended an event, or happening, that when it was over, you knew you wouldn't see the likes of it, ever again. Well, that was the feeling I had when it was over. The eclectic collection of cars that showed up, because of Pat's broad interest in them was unique. As in our hobby, the people are what make it special, and wow quite the crowd. I got to meet some legends, that far exceeded my expectations, and reunited with others that I hadn't seen for sometime. The venue was perfect, for groups to gather, and others to mill about, looking at the Galpin collection, visiting, and making new friends. The speeches that were made by Anna and Bill, were the hit of the evening, and summed up Pat's life and the way he lived it ! I want to thank a couple of HAMBERS, for helping me, in my time of need. I hopped a plane Sat morning to fly into Burbank, not knowing how I was going to get around. I turned down the offer from Anna and Bill to use Pat's Honda during my stay, I just didn't want to put them out. So, when I boarded the plane in Portland, I sat next to a local guy, and I quickly turned the conversation to cars. He ended up taking me to not only drop my bag at the Hotel, and took me to Galpin Ford, in his rental truck. I agreed to help him with the column shift linkage in his 67 C-10, when he gets back. Then, after realizing I was at the wrong place, I started walking, lost, and running out of time, I was very frustrated, until I heard a man's voice from a restaurant, say, hey Marty, it was Sam Strube, @SamIyam, who drove me there. Now I needed to figure out how to get back to Burbank. My problem was solved, when I saw my old buddy @Pete Eastwood, who was going that way anyway. Thanks to Sam, Pete and Derrick Bower for helping me, and to the whole Ganahl family for holding such an event.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  22. Thanks all for the coverage - sure Pat was smiling down on all of you !

23. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Thanks for this, it helps.

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

What a beautiful send off for this remarakable man.

Lil32, Uncle Ronn, jim snow and 7 others like this.
  25. jim snow

jim snow

X2. Snowman ⛄️

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

27. 34Larry

34Larry

Damn, how so very sad. I just saw the Jessi Combs crash (what there was of it video's on youtube last night and left the room a couple of hours later with a large lump lodged in my throat this newes. And now this is very close to being too much to handle. May God bless and keep him. He was a very special man amongst special men in their own right and will be missed in this world so very, much

28. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

29. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

chryslerfan55 and Uncle Ronn like this.
  30. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Dick, you don't need to do anything but click on the link, and on the video.