Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Where did you see them?

2. What ever happened to the great times we used to have with the Photoshop thread ? I can remember the days when there were a pretty large number of participants who would always offer their ideas in an effort to help members pretty much on a daily basis see how their ideas for modifications to their cars might look before they made the effort to make the changes in real life. I always enjoyed sparing with @madfish playing around with some crazy and radical concepts while at the same time honing our Photoshop skills . Looks like over the last few years the participation has dwindled to the point where weeks go by with no action. I guess it represents where the hobby in general seems to be headed....Too Bad!!!!

3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@themoose, I always look forward to the magic that you and other photoshoppers do. I'm constantly amazed at the quality of the work and patience displayed when someone asked for seemingly endless revisions to the original request. I almost have my Ranch Wagon running and once I do I'll post a request to turn all the primer spots one color of red and maybe add some gray 5 spoke Americans as well. I for one appreciate all the photoshoppers on the HAMB and I'm sure others do as well.

hotrodjack33 and southerncad like this.
  4. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always feel bad to keep asking, but if you want to play with more bad ideas from my head I can oblige with more requests.

5. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like crazy ideas of using the two 47 Ford 4 door sedans I have to build a suburban type that ford never made. Once again my cut and tape method is crude but gives an idea. Bottom pic is not my car but a better pic than I can get of mine Use the rear door top for the extra rear window 64BA0465-66F6-445F-9A98-57E7C62ED80A.jpeg CA833335-6ED8-45CA-85E5-CED3DD84DF5C.jpeg

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  6. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don’t remember.

7. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

OK, I'll do some fabrication and let someone else do the paint...

1947 ford sedAN DELIVERY b.jpg

8. Squablow

Squablow

Well done Unclebrad, I like the illusion of a semi-rectangular rear window incorporated in the dirty side windows, really sells it as looking real.

9. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

10. Here it is dolled up a bit...

Custom2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

That car (well, one exactly like it) exists, in just about that color.

Sancho likes this.
  12. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where can this 46-48 Ford Suburban type creation be found? I am truly interested to see how they did it. No sense reinventing the wheel if you can gather pointers from history. I saw a 48-52 F1 panel truck built like a suburban that actually made me look at these 47 4 doors I have sitting here. It was blue and pretty well done.

13. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

By the way, these photoshops really make me want to do this. But as theMoose's hot rod, nearly stock looking of Rot'n Kustom, or mild taildragger custom? I would also like to thank Unclebrad as he makes is look easy and almost doable with what I have. Maybe I better try selling them before I get crazy.

themoose and Unclebrad like this.
  14. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

The blue one resides in the Twin Cities area. Marmon-Harrington made a few of them.

2F657A79-4DC6-4D2F-84A9-00D2D856AF80.jpeg 6E547CF0-EE80-48EE-BB5C-7B10CED2FA68.jpeg

15. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I've seen it at Nats North many times in the last decade. Admittedly, I haven't been for several years and have no photos, but it's a sedan/suburban build, not truck based.

16. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

The idea of a big Ford panel truck with solid sides is good for some things, but having owned 2 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery hot rods gave one a slight inkling of lack of all around vision while driving. There is no doubt that the passenger side rear quarter is a giant blind spot. At least in the smaller 40 Ford Sedan Delivery it was compared to the larger panel truck. So, if anyone is thinking of making a panel truck into a suburban style wagon, then windows all around is the answer.

But the panel truck height overall, is taller so a few inches of a chopped top made the styling design in a better proportion on paper. Now, it had the space of a panel truck with windows and a lowered look like a cruiser station wagon. In real life, the panel truck is big, tall and needs some adjustments for a good proportion style.
    upload_2022-8-11_4-20-48.png
    Back in the early days, the panel truck was just too big for all of us to take care of, to park in a parallel parking spot in front of our high school and to actually park in a diagonal parking space at the local drive-in restaurant parking spot that we all sat around on the weekend nights.

One day, my friend who worked in a meat company drove one of his company panel trucks used for deliveries to various shops, home for a weekend. His 57 Chevy was getting work done and he needed transportation. We used the panel truck to cruise around until we no longer could stand the smell of “new” meat cutting residue, from the back of the panel truck.

So, our experience for the evening was limited to trying to park in various places without everyone laughing at us and making us go away from the unusual odor coming from the back of the panel truck. They still laughed and shied away from the panel truck.

Jnaki
    upload_2022-8-11_4-22-8.png
    It was a good thing there were no windows on either side, too. But, for everyday activities in a large panel truck, windows all around makes for a safer drive. The larger body style of a panel truck is going to need all of the help necessary, windows help for sure... YRMV

Much later, I was in the Sedan Delivery art mode and wanted to see an actual 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery with full auto windows via photoshop and who better than the expert, @themoose for results.
    upload_2022-8-11_4-24-19.png
    @themoose did some alterations to see what was the reverse look of a 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery with windows. Thanks, Moose…
    upload_2022-8-11_4-25-20.png The windows opened up a whole new possibility...

Then in an old Friday Art, I attempted to draw a 40 Ford Panel Truck into a station wagon with full windows all around. Actually, the final art posting look was based on a 40 Woody, but with some new lines and art, turned into a panel truck with windows. For a different look, the addition of a suicide rear door was a handy look.

upload_2022-8-11_4-27-3.png

themoose likes this.
  17. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

View attachment 5481436
    Here's what I started with. I found a Panel and 4 door sedan from the same angle and approximate distance. I aligned the wheelbase (I assumed they are the same in real life, but check before you cut!). The doors aligned perfectly. Just had to add the rear window.
    48 Ford SUV Comparo.jpg

18. phat rat

phat rat

For those citing the lack of windows causing a sight problem, that's what mirrors are for. Once you've learned to use your mirrors it makes things a lot easier including backing up or changing lanes in traffic

19. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

Thought I'd toss in another color option...
    1947 ford sedAN DELIVERY ORIGINAL 2.jpg

20. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I still check in from time to time to see what others are creating but don't have much free time any more. Its fun to Photoshop people's ideas and stuff that doesn't exist and I still get a kick out of my work being mistaken for a real car. ( On other websites actually, I got stood in the HAMB corner for posting a '65 Falcon with a pony roof).:eek::D

rod1, Squablow and themoose like this.
  21. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Here's a blank canvas. Try different wheels , paint , trim. etc. 44.jpg

22. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

1963 nova conv. with black top, astro supreme wheels, aquamarine blue paint. Please and thanks. 63vinnyl1.jpg 1.jpg

23. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

63 Nova Final.jpg

Squablow, themoose, James D and 3 others like this.
  24. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Thanks , not a fan of the whitewalls though. I like it other wise.

25. As you all have probably noticed by now my favorite color is red...I thought hood Red.jpg louvers might look good also.

26. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

I like the Pontiac trim. The car has a louvered hood. Nice touch. IMG_20201108_210946.jpg

themoose and Jim Bouchard like this.
  27. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

@themoose Nice job. Has a 60's street car vibe. Tough and ready to race.

themoose likes this.
  28. Nice work! Not asking you to do more just making an observation: that would look really good with redline tires.

themoose likes this.
  29. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

Funny. I tend to favor the gray-greens.

44 b.jpg

30. Not my favorite but lets have a look.....

Red Red .jpg

Sancho likes this.