Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Anything hot rod or kustom related to do in Houston?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'm in town for a few weeks. Staying over in the Pasadena area. Looking for something to get me out of the hotel this weekend. I can only stomach so much Street Outlaws.

Thanks,

Root

Dan Hay and firstinsteele like this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You have to sort them out and figure out if they are close enough but here is a list of what appear to be cruise nights and maybe weekend shows. https://carcruisefinder.com/texas-car-shows/events/category/texas-car-shows/ That's all over the state though.
    Katy is about 45 minutes west of where you are at on 10. I'd say google maps might be your friend for sorting out what is viable to think about checking out.

Roothawg likes this.
  3. Roothawg

Roothawg

In a rental with free gas, nothing is too far.....ha.

Just Gary, 51 mercules and Tman like this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I lived in McGregor Tx my friends and I would run down to Houston for a swap meet or car show once in a while and you can drive 50 miles or more in a pretty straight line and not get across the Houston Metro area. In the 70's I swore that they had the city limit sign on 290 on a trailer. Like Oklahoma distance is measured in time not miles.
    Here is another list to sort though. https://www.google.com/search?clien...1NTM1NjcwNjc0&htivrt=events&mid=/g/11rqwwrshr

Roothawg likes this.

5. I think the Pomona swap meet is on this weekend..................:D

Roothawg likes this.
  6. 51 mercules

51 mercules

But all the toll roads are a killer!

Roothawg likes this.
  7. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

The show hosted by Classic Chevy is this weekend in Beaumont. That's about an hour and a half east of Pasedena. Last year, they had about 400 cars and trucks, maybe 10 -20 percent Hamb friendly.

Roothawg likes this.
  8. hepme

hepme

Go to the web and check this one: Its actually on facebook but should pull up.
    Its in the Woodlands about 45 min. from you in Pasadena . They normally have about 50-100 or so rods, but maybe less since its so hot now. Get there about 6:30 or so, a little cooler than hell.
    Niftee 50ees Classic Cruisers

Roothawg likes this.
  9. Roothawg

Roothawg

When I left, we had dropped under 100 for 2 days and now the forecast back home looks like this. So, the heat doesn't really bother me much.
    upload_2022-8-2_14-49-40.png

Dan Hay likes this.
  10. This time of year in Texas is equivalent to a Minnesota winter. We stay inside as much as possible and avoid going out. Most car stuff is fall-spring.

Roothawg likes this.
  11. Roothawg

Roothawg

Dude, you lived in AZ. You should be conditioned. Getting soft? Plus, it's a wet heat......

Tman and Dan Hay like this.
  12. winr

winr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    Roothawg likes this.
  13. A wet heat is exactly why! So muggy. And I’m old now, there’s that.

Roothawg likes this.
  14. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Don't be knocking our winters. We can always put another layer on and still have fun outdoors. There is only so much clothing you can remove to deal with that southern heat before the neighbors get upset (or overly friendly).

[​IMG]

KKrod, Roothawg, Tman and 1 other person like this.
  15. Roothawg

Roothawg

They usually call in on me…