Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Rodder's Journal back in '22? Does anyone have any news?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thinkfink, Jun 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verde742

verde742

the windshield is MUCH bigger than the REAR VIEW MIRROR,

Good Luck Steve !!!!!

I have a slug of back issues I am selling

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    mgermca, 5window, PoTaToTrUcK and 2 others like this.
  2. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

I was one of the first Lifetime subscribers when it was first offered, and would happily do so again, if it helped him get back on his feet.
    Good Luck, Steve!
    I know I’ll get some pushback from this, but it’s how I feel.
    Kind of like pay it forward from the enjoyment I’ve gotten.

5window, rod1, golferforpar and 8 others like this.
  3. saltracer219

saltracer219

Yup, life is way too short to be hung up on a few bucks. I am also looking forward to R.J.'s return!

4. I’m saying we’re all old haha

lothiandon1940, williebill and Sancho like this.
  5. OK, maybe we are all getting older, she is a '53 model so she is traditional.:D

Brenda does us fb & the hamb but maybe Tim can find a family member to try and reach out . HRP

6. pnevells

pnevells

I too am a lifetime subscriber, i hope Steve can pull this off , i do miss it, but have no hard feelings

Just Gary and Graham08 like this.
  7. I want an e-mail address where subscription tasks are handled. This thing called an "address" is causing me extreme gastric distress - how do you use them dang new-fangled thangs?

8. From what I gather, they currently are not taking any new subscriptions until the current ones and merchandise/back issue orders are full filled first. I imagine they will update the website with new info at some point soon. My assumption is they want to concentrate on taking care of all the orders that are still out there first before taking on 100’s of emails or phone calls.

9. The only way I’ve gotten any kind of response was through PM here on the Hamb. I would send there if you have a new address.

lothiandon1940 and Just Gary like this.
  10. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey fellas ...as per Hitchhiker's post, I got the same prob with the address change.
    Won't do FB ...hoping Curt I. contacts me again thru my email.
    I know people have been pissy( and I am no exception ), but Curt and the staff have been super genuine on the phone through ALL THIS.
    Let's hug it out kids ...gramps, who named me S2, survived the war in twice downed planes by patience in a Dutch haystack and a North African desert. We win watching over those next to us ...NO matter how that challenge presents itself ...this is a together hobby, so re-read issues #1 through #84 and tell me I'm wrong ?!? hey
    Steve Coonan is " our " brother ...support the healing !!
    S2

11. Sean Smith

Sean Smith

Hopefully Mr Coonan will honour international subscriptions as well, many of us never received issues 83 and 84, I wonder if they will be shipped with 85?

Algoma56 and acme30 like this.
  12. Curt is not at TRJ anymore. Maybe he will be back when they are 100% back on track again?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. That’s his plan according to the last update on their website from May.

Algoma56 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I wouldn’t mind getting my #84 along with my #85 since it never did make it to my mailbox.

Algoma56, acme30, K13 and 1 other person like this.
  15. I've tried that, several times this year, with no response. I don't want to spam the man, but if the books are at the printers, then the next step is to prepare them for shipping, and (as a lifetime subscriber) I would really like it if they knew where to send the thing!

It sounds like you've been in contact recently, so it seems like you could drop a word ("hey, there are a few folk who have lifetimes and have moved - how do they get the new addy's to you?") on behalf of your HAMB brethren... :)

16. Here’s a number from their FB post.
    Might could help the address change folks. Who knows
    76169917-DFC8-4783-BB40-F6B0B820E3D4.jpeg

Budget36 and 427 sleeper like this.
  17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Thats old and useless information, that’s a portion of a post they put on Facebook on January 3rd 2021 before they went black and totally disappeared.

There’s no current information or activity on Facebook since then.

They’ve moved since then to Maryland.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    acme30, PoTaToTrUcK and Scooterville like this.
  18. Yep. Seems like they are doing a great job keeping customers informed.

Blue One likes this.
  19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Almost as well as before the disappearance.
    I’m thrilled that they’re coming back but this part of the process could definitely be handled differently.

Tim and anthony myrick like this.
  20. It’s like the Johnny Law Motors of printing
    One sends you a crappy product
    One makes an excellent product but doesn’t send it.
    im a nice guy, send me $$$ for car pics and I’ll do my best to send ya some:):);)

I hope it works out for all involved.

I use the Rodders Journal in my class in two ways.
    One for the awesome pics and historical articles.
    The second is an example of how not to handle customer service.

Tim and Blue One like this.
  21. TRJ is in the middle of sorting out the customer file software so they can track what orders need to be taken care of and getting past orders together and shipped out. I saw stacks of packages when I was there. I joked and told him the 4 back issues I ordered over a year ago might be in there lol. They were also tracking the new mag shipment that left the printer. It’s a small operation so I don’t see how anyone can expect 1 or 2 people to be able to take on 100’s if not 1,000’s of people calling and complaining right now? I get the frustration but I feel they need to focus 100% on getting the product to you instead of trying to reply to a bunch of emails and phone calls. That’s just my opinion of course.

KKrod, jim snow, 427 sleeper and 6 others like this.
  22. If they can't be bothered to find out from their customers who moved where to send the stuff then sending it out is a exercise in futility.

Small is not an excuse for shitty customer service.

acme30, GZ and Special Ed like this.
  23. Well, I’m sure they will announce something about change of address situations when they are ready to.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  24. 5window

5window

Perhaps not, but small is a reason for delays. They were probably understaffed to begin with. Now, they're way understaffed with, maybe, a third or quarter of what was marginal previously. Understanding your frustration but who has contributed to the problem by trying multiple ways of contact multiple times? If they have 2000 messages but only from 200 people, that's needing to winnow a lot of chaff to get down to the grain.

Have you considered actual mail? Like a paper letter, maybe even sent Certified or Priority?

25. This is fun.
    Go to the web site, has no info
    https://roddersjournal.com/
    get a Facebook link.
    Has the Ashland Va address.
    44DC09F7-B1E5-4A34-BC5B-E75840EEC512.jpeg
    The LinkedIn has Ashland listed as the location
    It’s kinda like watching the movie Catch 22.

26. I listed the new address previously in this thread.
    It’s in the same building as The East Coast Hot Rod Garage. I imagine they would get it if you put Attn: Steve Coonan TRJ on it.

5window, hrm2k and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. So customers needing the address to TRJ needs to also be a HAMB person or know to look for it here?
    The TRJ reminds me of Major Major

28. Nope. It didn’t take much for me to figure it out. It even says in the last update that they moved to Denton, MD. Besides, they said stay tuned for newsletter updates. Currently there are none yet.

hrm2k, lothiandon1940 and Just Gary like this.
  29. Ok. Just just have to know em to get in touch with em.
    Cool.

30. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I Will Check FB And Yes I Am Olde...But Not Scared..They Have A Site That You Can Submit Questions To...Very Positive And Informative....Proceed...

Scooterville likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.