Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Compact heaters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stuart in mn, Jul 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I was watching a YouTube video today about the build of an off topic British car, and they mentioned a company in the UK called T7 Design. Among other things, they have a line of compact self contained heaters in several different size. They look like they could be adaptable to many of the cars built here on the HAMB: https://www.t7design.co.uk/heating.html

I have no affiliation, just thought it may be a useful source for someone. I know the topic of "what heater can I use in my car" comes up from time to time.

Dave Mc, jim32 and Speed Gems like this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those electric heaters don't usually put out much heat but draw amps like crazy. The 5KW midi water heater at 170 British pounds = 201.28 is a little higher than the small Vintage air heat only unit or the Old air Heat only unit.

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Several small decent US built water type heaters are available, so I wouldn't order from an overseas supplier.

4. gatz

gatz

consider an under-seat heater from a school bus for compactness.

5. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The smallest heater core I could find was for a Bluebird bus.

6. TCTND

TCTND

I started with a defunct SW Southwind heater and built this. It has a Ford truck heater core. The blower will be up behind the dash and out of sight. IMG_0593.JPG IMG_0594.JPG

treb11, Ziggster, G-son and 1 other person like this.