Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Dual antennas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Fargo, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Anyone running dual antennas on the quarters? Interested in seeing different styles of antennas. I want them on my Chrysler convertible. I’m not looking for opinions just pictures and styles of antennas!

dana barlow and chevy57dude like this.
  2. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

4. gatz

gatz

The year will make a lot of difference.
    Here's a 57 so equipped...

[​IMG]

57 Dodge with dual rear antennas showing an alternate location;
    57 Dodge Convertible.jpg

My 57 Dodge Coronet had dual rear antennas, but then someone added another on the right front fender.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More of a loaded down with accessories "it's original" thing to me than custom. Meaning stuck on those restored cars that now have every trinket and doo dah in that model's accessory book even though the original build sheet says that the car didn't have half of them on it when it left the factory.
    We used to call those two antenna on the rear rigs Miami Trawlers back in the day and I don't believe that was a real compliment.

X38 and Oilguy like this.
  6. 2935ford

2935ford

I like the look.
    Speaking of dual antennas........when I was 10 or so my best friends Uncle who was in the Marines at the time visited him and he had a dual antenna '56 Ford hardtop. Well, aint that the cats meow. I went over and touched one of them and it fell off the car.....honest, I did not twist it off, it just came off in my hand.
    My friend and I just casually walked away! Glued on?

57 Fargo likes this.
  7. Mark was kind enough to send me dimensions for the base of the one on his Impala. Not worried about originality, looking for something available, the car is a ‘64 Chrysler convertible. I need something that is affordable and available, the late ‘50’s early ‘60’s Chrysler ones are not affordable!
    1D71C5A7-F7A5-423D-9903-589657321DAD.jpeg
    Its currently getting painted!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  8. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

This is custom...
    [​IMG]

9. That’s absolutely your opinion, fortunately I don’t build cars based on others opinions, I build them for me! I like them so it’ll get them. I’m open to factory options or aftermarket.

10. Alright since there only seems to be Chevy ones available as repops, anyone recommend a supplier that is good to buy from? I don’t generally buy repop parts and I certainly don’t usually buy Chevy parts!

Moriarity likes this.
  11. Only my opinion. But I think on your car one antenna mounted on the right rear fender top. Antenna would set straight up.

12. Not exactly custom but I think they are cool

look up 99-2003 Jaguar xj8 or xk8 power antenna

they mounted to the flat part of the body by the trunk , but the neat thing is the antenna is about a mile long when powered up and extended!!

BJR likes this.
  13. SS327

SS327

Welcome! To The Dark Side! Say hello to your new masters, Louis, Arthur and Gaston Chevrolet!

14. A Boner

A Boner

Always thought they were slightly gay!

mrspeedyt likes this.
  15. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

On the right car, dual antennas are killer. I always liked them on 59-61 Chevys, and some 62-64 Chevys. I think the roofline has a lot to do with what angle they need to be. With a box style top, they need to be farther upright than with say a bubbletop or fastback roof.

16. sunbeam

sunbeam

17. twenty8

twenty8

Thethe radioradio receptionreception maymay developdevelop anan echoecho .........:eek:

18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm an accessory kinda guy...I say go for it Lance:D

19. Alright, a thread full of opinions on what I should do with my car….cool. Gotta say if I worried about such things I wouldn’t be driving a lime green Fargo!

20. twenty8

twenty8

Sorry if my post about the echo is one that has upset you. It was just a little joke.
    By the way, that's not 'lime green', but that 's just my opinion..........:eek::rolleyes::D

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  21. Not upset at all, it’s the internet man! I was hoping for some thoughts where I could get some not so much if I should use them! No worries, worries.:)

twenty8 likes this.
  22. rdscotty

rdscotty
    from red deer

57 Fargo likes this.
  23. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Never had 'em but I dig 'em. I haven't listened to a radio though since I was driving my old '74 Duster and hearing Jim Morrison sing about breaking on through to the other side on an AM dial....

57 Fargo likes this.
  24. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

thinking about the dual antennas… I don’t remember ever having a car with a pair. not even all the Cadillacs I’ve had. they had powered vertical antennas mounted on the right front fender I think. heck. my 41 Cadillac never even had a radio.

25. My sons Edsel has two...

4E19A587-52BE-4393-9146-2746B8D55CD2.jpeg

26. [​IMG]
    Danchuk has 'em for Tri Fives.
    '57 pictured (of course!).

williebill likes this.
  27. I think most of the antennas are not even connected to anything - most pairs have one real one and the other is a dummy. I still dig them, though.

28. SS327

SS327

It’s not lime green, it’s Sublime. I always got good service from Classic Industries.

57 Fargo likes this.
  29. they were one I was looking at, thanks. The truck isn’t Sublime either, close to it but not!:D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    hotrodjack33 likes this.