Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Spokane WA Swap Meet HAMBers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Jul 1, 2022.

1. dwollam

dwollam

I will be having a booth (spaces 399-400 by fire hydrants in white section) at the Spokane WA Swap Meet. I'll try to put up a HAMB sign of some sort. HAMB members stop by and say "HI!" Always nice to put a face to names. Also let us know about any HAMB gatherings or whatever during that time please.

I will be looking for some '30-'31 Tudor parts for a friend, especially the rear window body section, the panel below that and a pair of doors.

PM me for a phone number if you want.

Dave

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  2. scotts52

scotts52

I'll be there and will stop by and say hi. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing what kind of goodies I can find. Looking for 33/34 Dodge/Plymouth coupe bits and pieces.

3. dwollam

dwollam

@scotts52 I am taking a 33/34 RR coupe quarter panel, right trunk hinge and mount, 34 Dodge firewall, 34 Ply sedan rear fenders and a bunch of stuff of all makes.
    Oliver said you were going. He got most of my spare parts

Dave

scotts52 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. dwollam

dwollam

Also taking 24 Dodge Brothers 1923 and earlier roadster and touring car doors and some DB deck lids etc. Some '32 Ford sedan rear fenders and small pieces and all kinds of stuff I can do without!

I will be looking for a drivers door for a '24-'27 Dodge open car. Those are "square bottom" vs the earlier "round bottom".

Dave

5. JimSibley

JimSibley

I will be walking around, shopping. I will be wearing a deer park
    Auto body t-shirt, and i would love to meet any hambers face to face.

6. dwollam

dwollam

I have 1 or maybe 2 HAMB shirts so I will wear that 1 or 2 days.

Dave

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

When is this swap meet Dave?

8. dwollam

dwollam

July 8-10

Dave

9. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Thanks Dave, I will have to stay home. The Early ford V8 club is coming to Wenatchee for a National level meet. I have volunteered to help with the set up stuff that weekend. Have fun!

dwollam likes this.
  10. dwollam

dwollam

That would of been fun too, and probably a lot cheaper! It's gonna cost me $600 for spaces, rv space and fuel.

Dave

11. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Well this is probably one of the more expensive events I have ever signed up for. I am glad I don't have to pay for a room on top of the other expenses for entry and dinner etc. Looks like at least 120 entries so far. Weather should be good.

dwollam and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. roder1935

roder1935

Anyone know how this venue is changing from years past now that the ford club has sold it off
    Swap meet ?
    Car show on Saturday ?
    Cost ?

13. dwollam

dwollam

Here is their web page:
    http://spokaneswapmeet.com/
    Spaces outside were $60 each in advance. RV camping was reduced to $26 per night full hook up vs $40 normally.
    Has always been a great swap meet.

Dave

scotts52 likes this.
  14. dwollam

dwollam

It was nice to meet you yesterday @scotts52 !

Swap meet has been good, everyone is extremely friendly. Probably going home money in the hole but that's partly because of the stuff I bought!

Dave

15. scotts52

scotts52

Yes, it was great to meet you too. Didn't end up getting the piece I thought for Oliver. I'll find one for him though. You seemed to be the only one there with mopar stuff that was in my year range. Not sure where it's all at.

dwollam likes this.
  16. JimSibley

JimSibley

The swap was great. lots of cool cars, good parts and good prices. Once again, it did not let me down.

dwollam and scotts52 like this.
  17. dwollam

dwollam

@JimSibley , don't think I met you there, or didn't realize it!

We had a great time, sold enough to cover expenses and then bought some good deals. Extremely friendly bunch of people there.

Had I known Sunday closed down by noon I wouldn't have stayed over Sunday night, but since we paid for the rv space thru tonight, we will just rest up this afternoon/evening and head for home in the morning (Monday).

Dave

JimSibley and scotts52 like this.
  18. PackardV8

PackardV8

Well, yes, no, maybe. Any time we old farts age out, forcing change, it's going to cause complaints. For fifty years, I've been coming in the south gate, parking and walking in. The new owner said it's more profitable and easier to control to have the front gate as the only in ($8, cash only, BTW) and the northwest gate as the only out. Learning that meant moving the truck, walking 3X as far.

Once inside, a few favorite vendors weren't there and many fewer cars, but hey, post-covid, what is what it was? Still, there were more cars and more vendors than three hours of steady walking could see and enjoy.

It ain't what it was, but when the cowboy was asked why he still played when he knew the saloon roulette wheel was rigged, "Well, it's the only game in town!" I'll be back for the 51st year.

jack vines

dwollam likes this.
  19. uncle buck

uncle buck

The weather was perfect. I thought the Friday thru Sunday was a bit ridiculous for the Swapmeet but at least they waited until 10:00 am to open the front gates - WTF? 33198A75-CD87-400C-BF71-1D7C950E85FE.png

dwollam likes this.
  20. F-head

F-head

Rode along with uncle Buck
    Had a great time got a lot of great deals
    Wasn’t as big as it used to be
    But it was great nonetheless
    Thanks for drivin uncle buck

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw a bunch of those cars roll past at around 10:30 this morning headed up 97.

I was telling a guy that stopped by to buy a door and some parts from me that I would have been in Spokane at the swap meet but gas, space rental and a place to sleep ran the cost up too high.

My 205 mile are a lot less than your 341 Though.

dwollam likes this.