Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Brake bleeding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greg37, Jul 6, 2022.

1. greg37

greg37
    from mi.

Hey everyone, I installed a new Corvette type dual bowl master cylinder bled the brakes no problem but after I did, I was under the car and noticed a very small drop of brake fluid at the residual valve connection going to the front disc brakes. Couldn't get the stainless line to seal so I changed the small connection line from the m/c to the r/v good to go no leaks. I bled the front brakes again but since I didn't loosen anything going to the rear brakes, I didn't do them is this okay? I seem to have a good pedal. Thanks !!!

hemihotrod66 likes this.
  2. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

bleed everything till your tired of bleeding . use a hose and jar so you can see the bubbles . check toe play to booster and booster to m/c ,,
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

Brake questions are so common that we need a sub-forum just for brakes

4. egads

egads

If you didn't open the rear system and you have good brakes, your good to go.

5. greg37

greg37
    from mi.

Thats what I thought, as long as no air is introduced to the rear system. I just bled the rears a few days ago so it's not me just being lazy it's getting to the bleeders you have to take the wheels off (no biggy ) but then you have to twist your arm like a pretzel to crack the bleeder. I would have done it no problem, but I thought I would get others opinion first. Thanks !!

egads likes this.
  6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

No problem only bleeding the brake lines you opened. Just did new wheel cylinders and shoes on the rear of my car and bled just the rear. Great pedal, and no problems at all.
    Best tool I ever bought is my Mitey-Vac vacuum brake bleeder! Pump up the vacuum and open the bleeder. Watch the fluid fill the catch bottle and then shut the bleeder and they're done! I can bleed the whole system in 15 minutes easily.

egads likes this.
  7. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Mitey-Vac works great until you have a slight loose fitting, it will just keep sucking in air at that fitting driving you crazy.

8. greg37

greg37
    from mi.

I've heard those work really good.

9. mixerman

mixerman

For that I smear some axle grease around the base of the bleeder fitting, air sucking solved. When finished wipe off grease.