Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chrome 41 'die-cast ' dash trim

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41FordSuperDeluxe, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Located a set - all set! Thxs for the info guys

I recall hearing of 1941 Ford period customs having chrome dash trim ( that replaced the tan plastic trim plates around instrument cluster and extending across to passenger side)

Does anyone know of the source and if anyone had a set - I could use a set, please PM me

Thanks
    John

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

If plastic chroming, it's called vacuum metalising. I had it done down here however not sure who does it over your way.

3. I used to have a set of aftermarket chrome plated dash trim for my '41. It was all die cast metal and not plastic though. It was old, probably from the 60s. I'm not sure if anyone still makes it. You can kind of see it on the dash in the right side of this photo.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  4. That's what I am looking for!
    If anyone can help with a set, I'm interested for sure.

5. PM me if you have a set!

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

What your looking for is a Fenton aftermarket piece…Hard to find..Custom guys will be your best…..They came with or with out a clock opening…. But Fenton made the chrome units that replaced the Ford Plastic units

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Just posted this in Ryan' parts271.jpg s editorial. but This is the piece you are asking about….the Fenton Acc.

8. fordor41

fordor41

there is a set on E-bay right now, item 151462328680

9. image.jpg Scored them! Thanks fellas for the info
    These have the clock cutout and a small hole above clock cutout (which I will weld closed ) as my clock wind mech is inside glovebox.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  10. I assume you will be getting these pieces re chromed. They seem to warp very easily. I sent mine out to be plated and not only did they warp, but some of the detail was lost from an over enthusiastic polisher. I found two other sets at swap meets and they were both apparently re chromed and both were warped to some degree. So just a heads up take them to a reputable chrome shop and let them know they warp easily.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  11. Thanks for the helpful note - will certainly take your advice

12. Yeah, I remember mine being slightly warped too.

13. 2Hep

2Hep

If anyone else has this 2 piece trim, please DM me as I too am searching.