Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Carrie Seligson, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

I went to Magruder in Rockville after spending most of my childhood in Potomac.
    But I know people from all over MoCo and the rest of the state.
    SW Florida is hell on Earth! I will never live there with the raisins again.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  3. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

4. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

Thank you! I actually prefer dirt to nail polish.

41 GMC K-18 and 41rodderz like this.
  5. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

@'28phonebooth...
    Hilarious, but I wish I could rattle off the correct ignition timing like Marissa Tomei did!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    '28phonebooth and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  6. Potomac! Wow, the high rent district. Beautiful place that really hasn’t changed to much compared to the rest of the county. I’m showing my age but remember the Happy Pickle bar and restaurant? Carder Rock on senior skip day. I went to Carrol in DC but lived in Michigan Park hills. There was a lot of racing on Falls and River Rds. back in the day. Back in the early 2000s there was a classic car dealer on the corner of Falls and River across from where the Happy Pickle used to be. I spent many lunch breaks there drooling over hot rods and muscle cars.

7. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

Thank you Fortunateson!

Fortunateson likes this.
  8. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Have family friends in Rockville . I used live in Virginia and worked some with Rockville fire department and all points in MD, Va and DC. Do not miss beltway traffic but miss the smorgasbord restaurant in Thurmont. :)

9. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

I was a volunteer at Station 3 in Rockville in the 90's!
    495 will always be under construction as long as we're alive!
    That restaurant in Thurmont is still open! I think it's changed ownership over the years.

10. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

11. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

Carderock, love it there!
    I got arrested on Falls Road on my dirt bike down by what used to be Lake Normandy Elementary school (I went there). Now it's an activities center or something like that.

12. Hotrodder, firefighter and arrested…sounds like quite an adventure. I’ve never had a pleasant experience involving the Mont.Co. Police. All in all MD was a pretty cool place to grow up, a little something for everyone. Welcome to the Hamb.

13. That's OK, just don't go off on us about your 'biological clock' like she did!

14. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

But it's ticking like this, (stamping her feet)!

15. Welcome to the HAMB Carrie!

Carrie Seligson and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  16. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Arrested!!!!:eek::eek: She might be a more hardcore hoodlum then most of us :p.

17. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

Eh, I don't know about that. I was a 12 year old kid & when my mother picked me up I was in tears. That police officer scared the crap out of me!

41rodderz and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from the East Coast of Florida. Not as hot as the West Coast.

19. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

My best friend lives in Jax and I tried to find a home there but realized that the heat there (for me) was too much.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. X-cpe

X-cpe

I taught at Magruder from 75 to 91, far end of the BB wing.

21. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Welcome from Canada. I didn't see anyone mention the strict dress code here. 1 a curb[1].jpg

22. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

OMG now that's hilarious!

lothiandon1940 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  23. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

Was I one of your students? I was there from '83-'87.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  24. ....That's kinda funny, Carrie. I was married to a teacher and later dated another one after a divorce. Both were over thirty years in teaching. We would often (with both) be out somewhere at a mall or restaurant and run into a former student. The student would always ask, "Don't you remember me, Mrs. ...." It always made for an awkward moment when you consider that they both taught literally thousands of students over their respective careers. The students just never seemed to understand that. Guess it's just human nature.

I believe that @X-cpe taught Shop or Industrial Arts, but he will likely get back and clarify it for you.:)

25. X-cpe

X-cpe

Embarrassingly, I can't remember. Although if you were I should remember because so few girls took my class.. I was hoping you would remember, that's why I left that clue, "far end of the BB wing." That was the Auto Shop. You may have never come that way unless you were headed to the cornfield for a toke. LOL

26. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

I took shop! But I do understand that the faces probably all blur over time.
    Unless a student really stuck out then the probability of him remembering me is non existent. Thank you so much for the clarification, I do appreciate it.

27. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

Well, I was one of those students that spent lunchtime in the cornfield. But don't tell Jack!

I hope this message finds you well, I heard that Mrs. Powell recently passed away.

28. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Maybe that 80’s big hair/ leather skirt pic would jog his memory .:D

29. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

I don't have a copy of it. :(

30. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn

Here's my senior year picture.. IMG_20220702_135128602.jpg