Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shamrock 32 3W

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Corn Fed, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

This past weekend I did a little horse trading with a friend and ended up with a cowl side from a ’32 3-W coupe. Once home, we were doing a little closer inspection and noticed that under the black primer there was writing. A little cleaning with lacquer thinner reviled this shamrock painted over a slightly metallic dark green body. Obviously, the car had an Olds in it at one time. From the torch marks on the lower end of the subfloor it looks to have been a channeled car sometime in its past. I wonder if it was a racer or just a hot rod. Does anyone recognize it?

On the back side of the cowl I also noticed a couple of plugs put in place to fill an old antenna or maybe flare mount. They were caked with multiple layers of paint but I could make out the faint outline of Abraham Lincoln’s head. Some more lacquer thinner and the dates appeared. 1945 and 1915! Wheat pennies that were probably put in place in the 1950’s. Since there are some visible remnants of lead on the top of the cowl, I’m assuming these pennies are being held on with lead too.

Too bad the prior owner painted a normal shamrock instead of a 4 leaf clover….the poor car might have had better luck than to get cut up for parts.

32 Cowl Outside.jpg 32 Cowl Inside.jpg 32 Cowl 1945.jpg 32 Cowl 1915.jpg

2. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

looks like you got your two cents worth

3. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Thats cool as hell.And a great idea!!!

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Lucky that you found it

5. Looks like the start of a build thread to me.

6. JimSibley

JimSibley

I have always said, it only takes one part to build a car! Get to work.

rod1 and Fogger like this.
  7. alchemy

alchemy

That was the rough side. He got more parts in the pile, but will be searching for a few more before assembly begins.

8. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

1945 v.j. day

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I need left side quarter panel for 3 w. If he just happen to have one extra layin around .................,not in use .jus sayin...............................

10. Mo rust

Mo rust

E.C. likes this.