Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest BOB McJANNETT - PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TIME TRAVELLER, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Canadians have lost another iconic hot rodder. Bob McJannett, owner of the Performance Improvements Speed Shops, passed away on June 20th. From building his first hot rod in his parents’ driveway to building a multi-location speed shop business, Bob was always willing to share his knowledge with friends, enthusiasts and the entire industry. His influence went beyond Canada – Bob was a SEMA member since 1978 and served three terms as a member of the SEMA Board of Directors. He was SEMA’s 1990 Person of the Year and a proud member of the SEMA Hall of Fame. Bob was also inducted into the Canadian Street Rodding Hall of Fame in 1993.

Bob created Performance Improvements Speed Shops with his wife Susan, who believed in his speed shop dream enough to invest her life savings to get him started.

Bob’s absence will leave a big hole in the rodding world in Canada. So long my friend.

Attached Files:

2. Shame to lose these icons of our passion,a great loss.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  3. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

A genuinely nice man. So sorry to hear of his passing.

Rest In Peace Bob.

Condolences to his family.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

A very great man, Icon in the Hobby and Sema inductee..... Also,...a very good friend.
    Bob was there from the beginning... very passionate about this hobby and fought hard and won against government Legislation that would have killed it at various times.
    He will always be remembered around here...... I will miss my friend.

Rest easy Bob.

o.jpg Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 12.16.09 PM.png

chryslerfan55, Offset and NoSurf like this.

5. So sad to hear.

chryslerfan55 likes this.