Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Pics from LEAD EAST !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Sep 1, 2006.

1. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Here are afew pics today from day#1 of Lead East ... Tommorow looks like a wash out with Ernsto heading into NNJ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

4. Custom54

Custom54

Killer pics, thanks.

5. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

see my uncle's buddy's car in that lot. nice pictures! love that cadillac.

6. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

I want that snowblower!!!!!!

7. Thanks for posting the pics NFC.Saw a couple of old friend's cars there.Always some great cars there.

8. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I see potential in traffic control with that thing! Can you imagine driving down the road with that thing spinning, I really don't see anybody getting in your way.

9. Scotch

Scotch

Wow - no question this is an East Coast show, is there?

I only wonder if the guy with all the doo-dads on his hubcaps smokes the same dope as the guy with all the doo-dads on his engine (musical air horns noted, by the way....)

Wow...

~Scotch~

10. Darwin

Darwin

That crazy little narrowed bucket with a flathead makes me grin big every time I see a picture of it.

11. ray

ray
    from colorado

sadly, i'd say those guys are probably about as straight edge as one can get!:D maybe they should try smokin a little of the good shit! damn, a pike nut on a lowrider wire wheel spinner, on a shannon cone, on a caddy cap. i can't ID the "teeth" though.

really though, i'd like to know just what it is that makes guys on the east coast do things so differently than the west coast. must have something to do with the water or weather patterns or something.

12. guiseart

guiseart

DAMN - them first wheelcovers could eat somebody alive!

13. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Wow,Weve got a bunch of custom geography experts here!! Just so you know,Its all a myth!!!Just because John Hychko and Frank Maratta existed all you geniuses claim to be able to identify syling trends and what coast they were from. All though I can,chances are,you cant.New York and New Jersey are loaded with perfectly traditional mistake free customs. There were grotesque cars everywhere. Lets start with some West Coast winners like most of Joe Bailons cars,Bobby Sanchez 54 Merc,Jerry Anoliks moon bird......I could go on all day but Im tired.Pick up some old left coast books and read! Oh and just so you know,those hubcaps were started by a guy named Jack Hughes and he wasnt on the East coast,he was in the mid west. If anyone would like to contest anything I say Ill prove anything with at least 20 examples.

14. ray

ray
    from colorado

where did i say east coast cars are ugly? i didn't. i said they were different than west coast cars. this isn't a myth. regardless of where they are from, i'd say there are probably 10 bad customs to every good one.

those hubcaps? if i had to guess, i'd say they came from Uranus...cause they look like ASS!:D that's a joke, don't get too worked up over it.

15. repoman

repoman

Any word from the show today? Weather sucks.

16. Kustom??

Kustom??
    from N.J. US

Yeah is sucks...i havent gone up there yet some of the club memebers are up there so is my car but what can you do in the rain really besides get wet...LOL

17. shoebox72

shoebox72

I went this morning. Got there around 830 & was on the road back home before 11. A complete total washout. I took some pics & got a t shirt. Hardly worth the $20 to get in.

Billy

18. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

you tell um 00 mack - not all east coast cars look like that ,the bernardo bros in west haven ct built some nice cars - so did herb gary - , - but i gotta say that cap is crazy -looks like a unibit drillbit on the end - joe

19. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

Thanks for the pics. They rock. I hope to hit that event in the next year or
    two. NOS.
    Rod

20. shoebox72

shoebox72

just a few pics.

Attached Files:

21. DKcoupe

DKcoupe

Does anyone have any more pics of the red 32 5 window with the cycle fenders from the side and the rear? Thanks

22. mikes51

mikes51

I saw this car in a video over 10 years ago, it's still one of the coolest Mercs.
    Good to see it is still unchanged.

[​IMG]

Looks like Chopolds got the paint redone in time also.

What a bunch of "squares", those caps are cool. I've been collecting bits and pieces to make a set of my own in that style for years. I still can't find those teeth though.

23. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. That hubcap reminds me of the one in the movie "Grease"

26. noboD

noboD

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

27. teddyp

teddyp

only true car people know great cars are built on both coasts the hupcaps your talking about not my cup of tea but the time and workmanship are great if you ever can make to lead east its a great party with customs ,rods ,beaters, i have bubby,s that built fun cars just for lead east hope the stops teddy p

28. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

Looks like a great day with some cool cars there Al.

29. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's dick to say. I was there in the pouring rain on Saturday and there were STILL more nice kustoms out and cruising around than at 99% of the other shows I go to. Just a testament to Lead East's size and scope, and what a good job Terry Cook does at putting this show on. Fuck the haters, Lead East is what you make of it, I have a blast every year, and I know a lot of people are in agreeance with me.