Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest modifieddriver has passed on

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krusty40, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Sorry to hear. Condolences to his Family and Friends....

2. Sorry to hear that.
    His swap space at Charlotte always had a welcome out for HAMBers, plus he always had some cool stuff for sale. But he did not suffer fools, and wouldn’t hesitate to set you straight, or refuse to budge on price.
    One time he got tired of a vendor across from him who was selling those big 4 foot shop fans. The fans were making noise and blowing the already hot air, dust and sand on Frank's stuff. He asked the guy to turn them around and the fan guy refused. They then got in a cuss fight, so Frank walked over with the intention of whipping the guy’s ass. Some folks intervened, though, and probably saved the fan guy from a Grade A stomping.
    Quite a guy to remember. RIP, Frank.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  3. You are welcome, my dad remembers Frank's modifieds and seeing him at Fonda, but never really interacted with him.

Dad was a late model guy (owned, and built) and there was always a little rivalry between the two groups.

Dad was upset to hear of his passing.

With most of them it has faded but their are a few who still haven't let it go.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    Tudor and Offset like this.
  4. raven

raven

Sad news indeed. I always like Frank. Bought lots of stuff from him and always was a deal and was fun chatting with him. Great source of history and information. He will be sorely missed.
    r

Tudor likes this.
  5. Godspeed Frank - You're missed already. Some great pictures posted in here. Like my dad said - the Autofair will never be the same.

BloodyKnuckles likes this.
  6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

The last year and a half is just been getting sadder than sad on the hamb.

raven likes this.
  7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

8. Fearless Fast Frankie Fuckin Four Fingers My slumlord at Charlotte and friend. Franco was an acquired taste and if you did not give him a chance then you missed out on one of the greatest souls. His knowledge was what I can only strive to attain. @Tudor introduced me to him many years ago. I'm so glad I got to know him and hear his stories. Today was his funeral. It was great to see his friends and hear all the crazy stories. He will be missed by many.

Tudor likes this.
  9. You are not joking, Frankie was one of a kind, he was indeed a character. HRP

krusty40, Tudor and BloodyKnuckles like this.