Register now to get rid of these ads!

driving from utah to jersey,,any cool stuff to see along the way?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

im flying in to salt lake city utah on sunday to pick up a car. i will be driving it back to jersey mostly via route 80,,,although my time will be somewhat limited i was wondering if there are any "must see" type of places on my way back....is there a better way than 80?

2. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

If you take I-70 thru Ohio, I'll buy lunch, or dinner or whatever. Depending on the day, I can take you to whatever suits you here in the Dayton area. There is the Air Force museum and cruise-ins on most nights somewhere in town. There are also a bunch of fellow HAMBers around. Maybe we could hold an impromptu get-together...

PM if you're interested.

Vance

btw - any chance you could send me a Taylor Ham????

3. jetmek

jetmek

i thought the archway monument in kearney was kind of neat. look into a tour of bill smiths place in lincoln.

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

What did you get yourself into NOW????????????????????

5. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

hahaha,,,mark,,,youll be one of the first to see,,,,

6. Eisenfaust

Eisenfaust
    BANNED

Only one hour out of your way to the north(Detroit) you can see real Africans in their native habitat...

7. repoman

repoman

WTF?

8. scarylarry

scarylarry

You HAVE to stop at Speed Bills museum!

9. sojerscraper

sojerscraper

You NEED to stop here: (its in north eastern PA)

http://www.tee-to-tum.com/

we stopped at this place over the past winter & it was one of the coolest places ive ever checked out. The guy who runs the place is super cool & he took us into this secret building after the other customers left (because im into old cars) he has an amazing collection of antique original cars, all crammed in the little barn. The cars were mainly pre 30s. Essex, Hudson, Hupmobile & a couple gigantic Caddy's. There were plenty more too. Anything from toy trains, guns, bicycles, dolls(very wierd ones), go carts.... just anything crazy old & interesting. seriously, make sure you have a few hours to spend in this place & make sure you talk to the owner - really awesome old guy.

10. seldom scene

seldom scene

All of middle America to see.