Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need 1956 Ford Fairlane, Headlight Buckets and dash knobs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by artooks, May 16, 2022.

1. artooks

artooks

Hi,

As I am nearing the end of my 1956 ford fairlane Victoria restoration I am missing some parts and cannot find them, some of them are the headlight buckets, and the dash knobs, it looks like there is no aftermarket option for these, actually after restoring my 1968 Mustang, I could find almost any part with that car, maybe because it has been produced in high numbers and the popularity factor, I remember, at the time in 2008 the only thing they did not produce was the roof sheet metal, apart from that anything is available, anyway, I am also a 3D maker, I could very well design the knobs, if I cannot find them, but upon inspection they have a metal crown like part inside, so it is not an easy task for the knobs what are my options, I do not want to use a custom one, I actually hate those, I am checking eBay with no luck, so is there a shop which does work like these, I remember that there were some company which does that 1-2 years ago but I cannot find them, what do you recommend dor the dash knobs and headlight buckets ?

2. You'll have to hunt the used market for this stuff. At one time there was repo knobs available but they're out of production now. The headlight buckets are the same '55-56 and shouldn't be too hard to find, the knobs are one-year-only and Fairlane-only. Try running a want ad here in the 'parts wanted' forum, and search eBay. There are a few knobs on eBay right now, depending on which ones you need.

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

[​IMG]

guthriesmith and Budget36 like this.
  4. Ah... I posted in the wrong thread:rolleyes:
    I thought it was the steering column/steering thread the OP also has going. He talks about knobs in that one too. My screw up, but fixed now, thanks.:oops:

Budget36, guthriesmith and Roothawg like this.

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

I kinda figured that’s what happened.

6. I've had grate luck just calling Shoebox Central for used parts like the headlight buckets. I've bought lots of parts there with 100% grate luck. 405-259-9222 Call them, what do ya have to loose? While your talking to them ask about used knobs.

guthriesmith likes this.
  7. Dennis Carpenter. HRP

8. brake1000

brake1000
    from ID

Vintage part source has a listing of scrap yards you came email or call with your list of parts.

9. Carpenter used to list the knobs but no more...

10. jeffred

jeffred

11. jeffred

jeffred

I have one headline bucket 20.00 + shipping if that will help call 330 833 1707

12. I found loads of old Ford parts on eBay. Dash knobs, I know those are around. Try Concours Ford, Dennis Carpenter, C & G Ford Parts.

13. I think these are hard to find because most are pressed on to a knurled shaft (left air, lighter, lights) and damaged when removed. The wiper is held on with a set screw and easier to find. I had a difficult time finding the ones with the chrome centers and went a different direction on my dash. Are you looking for a specific knob for your dash?

14. The wiper knob is the only oddball, it has four 'ears' to make it easier to grip for turning.

15. I have some used dash knobs off of my '56, can't help ya with the headlight bucket. I'll go out to the shop and see what I have...

16. All that I can find is the wiper knob and what I believe is the knob for the lighter. I also have the knob and cable for the drivers side fresh air vent. I can post pic's if interested.

17. artooks

artooks

Thanks can you please send me the pictures to [email protected] I can ask my brother in law to bring those he lives in US.

18. artooks

artooks

Dear Jimmy six, which new Radio knobs are you reffering to can you please send me a link if possible.

19. artooks

artooks

Is it this one ? if so maybe they can work good advice thank you very much. s-l1600.jpg

20. artooks

artooks

As you can see I only have 1 dash knob all the rest is missing :(

eded13d1-37a5-484f-bd2c-31a54620d8e9.JPG

1stGrumpy likes this.
  21. Pictures sent.

22. Dash looks great!

artooks likes this.
  23. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Different than stock but nice!

24. My friend Harold Pilgrim has what you need, several complete dashes. Unfortunately, he has been seriously ill and has been in the hospital several months. He's 84, don't know whether he will ever be well enough to do anything with old Fords.

25. manyolcars

manyolcars

Another restoration. Not a traditional hotrod. Can I post here looking for parts too?

26. artooks

artooks

Thanks, I wish him a fast recovery.