Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Wheel suggestions???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atch, May 13, 2022.

1. atch

atch

I haven't found any chrome Torq Thrust Original wheels. I've found chrome Torq Thrust D and Torq Thrust II. If I go American 5 spoke I like originals better than D or II. They come in polished for sure. Maybe polished will work even through they aren't quite as shiny as chrome. Perhaps I'll back off of chrome and consider polished.

A friend brought a polished Halibrand over today and we propped it up against Clarence. It looked pretty cool.

20220513_191343.jpg

polished original:
    [​IMG]

chrome "D":
    [​IMG]

chrome "II"
    [​IMG]

2. Hey @ atch as @fastcar1953 suggested, why not get a good side shot and ask the photoshop wizards on here to test drive various wheel/tire combo's? The promise of a cold beer is waaaay cheaper than a set of wheels! And ask for a shot of whitewalls while you're at it, cuz that panel is a lot of acreage to contrast with.

AHotRod and Budget36 like this.
  3. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

anything shiny...

AHotRod likes this.
  4. 57385C93-04B2-4A9F-89CB-5C49A819CE87.jpeg Chrome Reverse aka series 64 wheel vintiques, whitewalls, rubber rake…

Those chrome Americans…way overdone…I’d take cragars over those things..or the polished originals….not a fan of D spokes..especially chromed

5. Boatmark

Boatmark

My vote is chrome wheels with Ford caps. Black wall’s in sizes that fill the wheel Wells with the slightest rake. Done.

To me the truck has a tough and sneaky vibe, and the wheels should too.

clem likes this.
  6. If you are still dragging old Clarence how about a steel wheel painted half red and half white for the rear and just white for the front wheel.

7. AB6DO

AB6DO

A1AF00BE-BB1D-4B99-A25B-3B5D9F8330C4.jpeg Hallibrands, knockoffs and Goodrich Touring TAs

Bandit Billy and MO_JUNK like this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To me that polished Halibrand overpowers that panel an turns it into a background for a wheel add.
    I may be the odd one but I absolutely do not want people's eyes to go directly to the wheel/tire combo before seeing the car/truck or ?? as one complete unit and then go back and sort out the details such as tires, wheels, and what not. Go through threads like Tom Davison's photos of events. On the best looking rides your eye never goes to the wheels and tires first unless all you are looking at the photos for is to see what wheel/tire you like.

Looking at the photo again maybe it is the white wheel showing through the Halibrand that makes it look gaudy against that panel. Polished Halibrand..jpg

Just Gary likes this.
  9. Budget36

Budget36

I’d think it would look good with wheels painted body color, chrome caps and trim rings ( the ribbed style) only be a bit of color showing, would shine as well.

PS, he looks sharp!

WalkerMD likes this.
  10. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

I like the Halibrand look as well. You might try some 16 front 17/18 rear chromed artilley wheels.Saw some on a Chevy on a magazine cover and they really looked good. Maybe get someone to photoshop them for you...........

11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I'd put Cragar S/S on it.

scotty t, blowby and Tickety Boo like this.
  12. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I'm a sucker for blacks with chrome rings. 20220412_141917.jpg

13. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Atch, heres a pic of my car with new polished TTO's on it. 15 x7 front, 15 x 8.5 rear. They shine pretty good. DSCF1516.JPG

14. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Grey Torq Thrust would look great with that color. :cool: IMHO

210superair and guthriesmith like this.
  15. I like the halibrand, US INDY slot mags would look good. Please don't put those curve spoke wheels on it. My honest opinion would be a set of steel wheels, painted to match, with dual cream color pinstripes, and chrome center caps. Timeless and beautiful

Cosmo49 and ekimneirbo like this.
  16. atch

atch

Thank you all for taking the time to read and respond with your opinions. I'm considering them all. Actually @The Moose photoshopped steelies with trim rings on it several years ago when he rendered it in blue.

The more I look at them the more I like the ET's that have been on it for years.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg photoshop 1.jpg photoshop 3.jpg photoshop 4.jpg

Tim, Roothawg and clem like this.
  17. As odd as it may sound I bet this wheel/tire combo would really look good on there and have that "pop" you're looking for.

Screenshot_20220515-001141_Gallery.jpg

18. HOTRODNORSKIE

HOTRODNORSKIE
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All those combos look good to me.

19. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I would go with some round ones...

20. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Clarence looks great.

On the wheel question, I am no help. It is like asking how long a mans legs should be. Everyone is going to have an opinion. I would start looking at photos on carnut.com until I found some that I liked.

21. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

IMG_1955.jpeg
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

22. atch

atch

Thank you all for offering your opinions, but if you go back to the original post you'll notice that I never asked for "what should I do". I asked if anyone knew of something I hadn't thought of or didn't know about. Perhaps I didn't state that clearly enough.

23. twenty8

twenty8

Ok, that's a little bit confusing.........:confused:
    If you weren't asking for us to tell you what we think, what exactly were you after???o_O

I have removed my previous post. It was obviously not helpful..........;)

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    40FORDPU likes this.
  24. atch

atch

Sorry for the confusion.

What I want(ed) is for someone to turn me on to wheels that are shiny (preferably chrome and not polished aluminum) that have spokes that sparkle when in motion. Specifically, something of which I'm not aware of or had forgotten. I mentioned that the only thing I can think of is Cragar SS wheels, of which I'm not particularly fond.

Again, I apologize for whatever confusion I caused. Obviously I'm no wordsmith and didn't communicate very well.

25. atch

atch

No need to have removed your post. Even if it wasn't what I am looking for someone might get good information from it. I thank you for posting it anyway.

26. [​IMG]
    Always thought Astro Supremes were a flashy look, with class.

AHotRod, Moriarity and guthriesmith like this.
  27. atch

atch

Astros are a definite possibility; and something that I knew about way back in the rear cobwebs of my mind, but hadn't thought of in years.

chevy57dude likes this.
  28. gene-koning

gene-koning

The original style Chrome reverse with the recessed bolt pattern would look good rolling.
    Next up would be a set of chrome/stainless hub caps. Some of those look great rolling down the road.

Pretty much anything chromed or stainless that is not smooth will glisten as the rotate in the sunlight, or under street lights.

29. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Your chopped Ford Sedan Delivery looks rather cool and mean. Without any chrome, it looks like a Bonneville class racer… lowered and ready. All it needed was a set of Moon Discs for the lowered stance. Or for the street racer/cruiser, a slight rake.
    upload_2022-5-15_4-26-8.png no chrome lowered
    upload_2022-5-15_4-27-17.png slight rake no chrome Moon Discs

But, for those full daily driver modes with full chrome trim pieces and Halibrand Wheels, here is a similar lowered stance. Also, a slight rake version to add to the mix.
    upload_2022-5-15_4-29-9.png lowered chrome with Halibrands
    upload_2022-5-15_4-30-16.png Halibrands chrome +rake

Jnaki

Whatever is the choice, in motion, the Ford Sedan Delivery wheels will all be a blur. But standing still, each has its merits to go along with the dark blue color.

Since we all like Moon Discs on just about any hot rod or cruiser, here is a chrome trim edition.
    upload_2022-5-15_4-32-5.png slight rake chrome Moon Discs