Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 2223 Pendine Prep 14. Big inch Flatty First Start and Drive! Yay!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mart, May 6, 2022.

1. Mart

Mart

Hello and welcome to Mart's Garage. In this video I am finally ready to start up the 286 cu in flatty. That's 3-3/8" bore and 4" stroke. I have a few issues to contend with along the way, but am able to take the car for an initial run. I then get a second run after addressing some issues.
    I hope you find it interesting, it's another step in the right direction in getting the car ready for racing on the beach at Pendine.
    Thanks to all who have been following the big inch flatty build and the Pendine Prep series.
    Mart.

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Always enjoy your videos Mart.
    That engine sounds very strong. Great job.
    Try adjusting your initial timing the old school way. Install a vac gauge, adjust timing while at idle. Advance timing to the highest reading then drop it down a few pounds. I’ve timed them all that way.
    I’ve noticed your starter cable is very close to your exhaust manifold by looking at the video.
    I had to laugh, you don’t hesitate taking a first run right in the middle of traffic. :).
    Thanks again.

3. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Always look forward to your next video, this was no exception!
    The sedan will be ready for Pendine I'm sure.
    Cheers, KK

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Love the funnel!