Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Chevy Bumper Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Voh, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Voh

Voh

I am needing custom ideas for bumper treatments on my 1941 Chevy. I have both the stock front and rear bumpers, however the front bumper is in VERY bad condition 95% of the chrome has flakes off, and I thing it might be too far gone to re-chrome. i am looking for ideas as to what else I can try.

here are a few pics. I will try and get a better from pic uploaded.

Attached Files:

2. Run it with no bumper .

paint it with aluminum paint.

vinyl wrap it with chrome vinyl .

paint it a different colour .

Find another bumper to use . ( Dodge , ford etc )

Bob Lowry likes this.
  3. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Chromer's can fix anything $$$

SS327 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Truth is there isn't any cleaner look bumper wise than the stock 41 bumper with no fru fru. I'd hunt the swap meets for a pair of presentable bumpers.
    I used to like the no bumper look but with today's park by ear drivers you are far better off with bumper out there.

5. Unless your bumper has holes rusted through, or really thin, it can be fixed. Not sure if BOP ones from 41 are close, but worth a look. A set on evil bay currently, $239 for front, $199 for rear. Shipping would be high though.
    If you have the brackets, anything custom can be done. I saw a friend take a length of 8" thin wall SS pipe, cut a 3" wide section out the correct length, bent it to the peak he needed, and polished it. Although it didn't have a lot of bend strength, it looked good on his 39.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    WalkerMD likes this.
  6. Voh

Voh

Thanks guys.
    I have been looking at the 1941 chevy truck ones, and they sure look close, and of course you can get them "new".

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. Rusty J

Rusty J

Sand 'em smooth and get them vinyl wrapped in chrome. I saw a car with that done here locally and I couldn't tell it was vinyl. That's what I'll be doing with mine.

8. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

9. 37-8 Chevy bumpers mite work, can buy new