Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob Hart 32 Roadster

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Barbarian, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

Does anyone have anymore pictures or details on the Bob Hart 32 roadster? I've only seen this 1 picture (both pictures attached are the same but one is cropped). Wondering what happened to this and would love to see more pictures. The photos and details below are off of the Kustomrama website with the following details shared:

1932 Ford Roadster owned by Bob Hart of Nassau, New York. Bob's roadster is an early east coast custom car built between 1938 and 1939.[2] Custom modifications includes fender skirts, a narrow grille and repositioned headlights. The windshield looks very much like a boat windshield or a Hallock Windshield, and it looks like Bob could have been inspired by cars such as the Southern California Plating Company's 1931 Ford Model A delivery truck and the Fords built by Brewster & Co when he restyled his roadster. In 1948, a small photo of Bob's roadster was published in Hot Rod Magazine December 1948, by then the car had been fit with a 1946 Mercury engine and hydraulic brakes.
    CCC-the-history-of-the-early-custom-bob-hart-32-ford-1938.jpg
    Bob-hart-1932-ford3.jpg

Hamtown Al likes this.
  2. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

3. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

Thanks. Thats the link I was referencing above and copy pasted the exact contents into thread starter. That is all I've found on this car, amazing how little detail there is available.

4. alchemy

alchemy

Buy a Brookville body and build a recreation.

5. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

Not far off from the idea I have. That's why I'm looking for more pictures, curious how the front 'nose clip' is shaped but I have a good enough idea. I have a 30 phaeton I'm thinking of going this route. Shaping a similar nose and running a 39 lasalle grille I have, skirting the rear, rounding out the front fender wheel opening and lowering it a bit. I have a heavy chopped windshield (dollar bill glass height style) but a duval would probably look best. I like stuff that you don't see built every day.

lothiandon1940 and Daddy Deville like this.
  6. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

Bump any info? Amazing how little there is on this one

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

8. Was any info found on the car?

I knew a Bob Hart from Nassau NY, east of Albany. Who would have been the correct age, he was a midget and sprintcar racer in the late 40s and into the 50s.

9. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

I’ve found nothing at all other than what is posted in this thread