Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Art of Soap and Water

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Art of Soap and Water

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

It's great to see a pro at work, and one that you can tell really loves what they do.

dana barlow likes this.
  3. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I saw the video of the doodlebug clean a while ago, and have watched some of his other videos working on high end cars - he's definitely on a higher plane than I when it comes to detailing. :)

4. Don't know if you are aware but that doodle bug belongs to a Hamber (Tim) tb33anda3rd. HRP

Tim's Doodlebug

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that would be fun to take to a big national show and park among the high end show cars

dana barlow likes this.
  6. Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    dana barlow and tb33anda3rd like this.
  7. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Thanks,fun viewing !!
    At 5 years old,,About 1947 my Uncle Erv, taught me how to drive on his Duddle Bug,he built it from a 30A to work Grandads farm,he lived at the farm,they grew POP Corn< yes its a corn bread to make pop best popper seeds for popcorn. Anyway;; I sat on his lap an steered at first,later would standup between the wooden buggy seat an steering wheel to work the pedals an even shift,as best as I could/seemed super neat. First time I ever drove WOPPY.. Mom found out about me driving the tractor an had a bit of a fit!! With Erv,
    He let me do it again anyway LOL :p
    So Duddle Bugs are very cool too me.

alanp561, caseywheels and 5window like this.
  8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"He let me do it again anyway."

That's cool, Dana. :p

It's like with us out here on the farm. When Judy found out that Eric and I we're letting his young son Zander drive stuff, she had a fit. We let him do it anyway LOL.

dana barlow likes this.
  9. sololobo

sololobo

OMG, I love this story. I drove several doodlebugs in my life and remember seeing many more. I remember my buddy's family farm cutting firewood with the blade mounted on a rear wheel, an open blade probably 4 feet around, it would snag a piece and hurtle it through the air like a rocket. This story is so super cool for a former detailer, learning on my Dad's used car lot as a kid, painting the rubber mats and tires with "tire Black" and buffing out old paint. I had three detail shops when I lived in Santa Barbara, Ca. and did two cars that were displayed at Pebble Beach. This guy has his stuff right and made the Ol Bug look great!

tb33anda3rd and dana barlow like this.
  10. we had a good time making that doodlebug video. Larry is good at what he does and is a real "car guy". I have been using it and the finish still looks good.

11. redo32

redo32

Did somebody say "soap and water"?
    [​IMG]

12. “What we have hear is a failure to communicate.”

13. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

My Grandson is now 15 I always say.....What we have here is failure, then he says, to communicate. LOL. Got him trained then we both laugh. lol

14. Um.... not so! That REALLY speaks to me!!!

alanp561 likes this.