Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Thanks to Pat Ganahl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

X2

jim snow, Just Gary, Roothawg and 2 others like this.
  2. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I've followed Mr Ganahl as long as I've known his name. I still have all the magazines to prove it! Worn beyond their normal life. Also have all his books! Guess you could say, I agree with everyone that enjoys his blog. Thank You Mr Ganahl for all you've done for our hobby and all you continue to do!

54delray and Roothawg like this.
  3. Back in the early to mid 1970's I was a young kid and I followed his every word when he was writing for the folks at the Street Rodder Magazine...his 32 Chevy coupe and his other cars too...I loved everything he did...
    I am so thankful to have found him again online...
    He is a master at his craft for sure...hope he lives to be 100 and keeps writing too....

my 2 cents...

MikeC

WalkerMD, lumpy 63, drdave and 3 others like this.
  4. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Subscribed and really enjoy the read.

Roothawg likes this.
  5. 5window

5window

Pat's column is something I always stop what I am doing and read, the first time, as soon as it arrives. I wish he could do one daily!

Roothawg and Just Gary like this.
  6. jim snow

jim snow

X3. Can’t say it any better. Thanks Pat. Snowman ⛄️

Roothawg likes this.
  7. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

We spent all day today driving the F-100 down to Bonsall (near San Diego), with a bed full of new parts, to Jay Dean's Nostalgia Ranch so he can install IFS and AC, because Anna said I had to. She followed to drive me home. I am really happy to let a craftsman do some work for me for a change.
    So I just discovered and read this whole, very heartening thread. To all of you, thankyou so much for your expressed thanks. And from me, a very big YOU'RE WELCOME!
    Very Best,
    Pat Ganahl

54delray, SS327, Papas32 and 31 others like this.
  8. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

"IFS and AC" on the HAMB!
    Maybe they'll let this one slide.
    Stan

54delray, buford36 and Roothawg like this.
  9. timeflies

timeflies
    from Guthrie OK

Yes indeed...I think so highly of them that I forward them to others...later.

10. Well put my friend, Pat is indeed a legend in his own time, when I read his blogs I feel as if he is talking directly to me. HRP

54delray, 41 GMC K-18 and Roothawg like this.
  11. When Dave was building the confused pickup we talked about the early trucks in the little pages have bed covers and he liked the idea of giving the truck a slight custom flair. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. I am a '54 Ford nut and I thought I remember saving a couple of photo's of Buzz McCleod's '54 convertible with the rear seat cover, I finally found it.

[​IMG]

13. 5window

5window

It's the seat "topper" that really stands out!

jimmy six and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. I became really aware of "too tall Ganahl" through the Rodder's Digest magazines, that was always a great read and the tech was superb, then tried to follow him wherever he went after the mag ended.
    Selling mags out of the back of his 46 delivery, real old school guy.

LOST ANGEL likes this.
  15. timeflies

timeflies
    from Guthrie OK

I miss spoke on this subject!!! I am 100% in support of the traditional rules of this message board!!! Later.

16. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I think Pat is one of the last Hot Rod writers who truly get it. I have been reading his stuff since I was probably 8 yrs old. I have talked with him at several So Cal events and can say he is a treasure trove of knowledge. Thank you Pat.

17. Modded 105E

Modded 105E

I had the genuine pleasure of meeting Pat Ganahl here in the UK back in 2014, a very nice man indeed who was happy to talk. Been reading his excellent stuff since 1975 . Long may he run!

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

It’s just nice to recognize those that put forth the effort to move things along in our hobby. Lots of people will rant about their dislikes, but few ever commend those that do their job and do it well.

19. Kind of like people leaving reviews; rarely do you hear from the happy ones....

Pat definitely does it well!

20. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Pat's the Real Deal. Subscribe to his blog, you'll be very happy that you did!

21. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

On the Pat Ganahl article about Inyokerns last race ,it brought back a lot of memories. I was stationed at China Lake in the early 60s and raced there. I also learned to fly. I soloed a Cessna 150 on that same runway. In fact a Cessna 150 will do 72 miles an hour in the quarter mile. Not bad for 100 hp and no transmission. Good times back then until some a hole has to screw it up for no reason.

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

I’m glad he got to read this. RIP Pat. You will be missed.