Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stolen truck and trailer in Detroit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stu D Baker, Mar 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

I bought a simple driveway alarm. Several years ago, a guy stole about $6,000 worth of welders and tools from my home shop. I believe he parked in an area of my driveway shielded by some trees and my attached garage. Its dark and hard to see someone at that place.
    Since then I have added cameras and noise makers as well as lighting to my property.....but one nice and inexpensive item I recently purchased was a driveway alarm. Super simple to hook up. You screw it to a tree or post on one side of the drive. I think its good upto several hundred feet. It has a solar charger built in that seems to work well. Nothing else to the outside installation other than screwing it to something.

Then go in your house and plug the receiver in somewhere. Ours is actually in our basement where the stairs come down. That way we can hear it upstairs or downstairs. Works great............cept for the deer that ocassionally wander in the driveway at 3AM. Makes it nice when I'm downstairs and UPS or FedX shows up too. Bout $80 for the one I bought off Amaizin.........;) Wouldn't you like to catch whoever is tryin to steal your stuff?

chryslerfan55 and Bandit Billy like this.
  2. Budget36

Budget36

Well, there is no possession a person has (other than family) that is worth the risk of life for. Yes I have the ability to confront a thief and come out on top, but would rather huddle up and protect myself and others while dialing 911.

Edit: California laws are what I base my response on. I’ll have to leave it at that;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. If their caught they will just get a slap on the wrist. Tougher penalties need to be imposed.

Gasser 57 likes this.
  4. GTS225

GTS225

Now, this is the kind of thing where a family should be able to sue the ENTIRE legal system for aiding and abetting. Police, judge, prosecutor, and possibly jury members if they had anything to do with sentencing. Hold all of them responsible for thier (lack of) jurisprudence. Then, the state should have to pay a generous stipend to all members of the family until the minors have graduated college, and the widow, or widower, passes on.
    You can bet that judges and prosecutors would make damn sure the guilty were properly prosecuted, and served a full term.

Roger

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just added a couple of "ring" doorbells (or facsimile) to my security system. One sees down my driveway and the other down the walk to my front door and my phone rings to let me know I have visitors, even if I am not home. You can set the observation area so as not to include the street so it doesn't go off every time a neighbor drives by.

I got my summit shipment the other day and I got an alert when I was in the garage to check the camera on the entry. There were my parts and no more anxiously walking to the door just to be left empty handed and rejected...had enough of that when I was a teen. :cool:

6. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Screw the bread and water. Just work their ass until they die.

My son and I were robbed at gunpoint a few years ago, hence my lack of humanitarian concern for anyone who steals anything.

Maybe it's time to reinstate some Old Testament justice and start cutting off appendages.

With the public invited to the ceremony, of course.

If I were King the fuckers wouldn't survive.

7. I bought one of those driveway alarms from Harbor Freight when they first started selling them. I didn't use it very long as it went off a lot. Damn squirrels kept running up the split rail fence post it was mounted to.

chryslerfan55 and SS327 like this.
  8. primed34

primed34

I have the same problem but with deer and squirrels.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. As I have often stated, there’s a special place in hell for thieves.

10. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

HOPE THEY PUT THESE GOD DAMN THEIVES AWAY
    THEY SHOULD BE DRUG BEHIND THE CAR

Gasser 57 likes this.
  11. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

One thing I forgot to say about the driveway alarms......They have a pretty good range. Forgot what it was but want to say several hundred feet. They can be installed to point across any area where thieves might approach your house or shop at night. You don't have to limit them to a driveway or 20 ft range.

Tow Truck Tom likes this.
  12. In the old days they hung horse thieves. That still sounds like a good idea. In Connecticut just a few months ago, a 17 year old, with a record of 17 stolen car arrests stole another car. he ended up hitting and killing a 57 year old innocent man. Because he is a minor, under 21 years old, the most time he can serve in jail is 2 1/2 years. There is something wrong with the system.

13. Any real updates on this crime?

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

why any thinking individual would bring anything of value to the shitstain city of Detroit baffles the mind. the only way to avoid being robbed or murdered there is to stay far away.

15. I have no inside information, but it seems like a lot of these thefts of trailers are by druggies who want the trailer for a mobile meth lab. I have read many accounts where if a hot rod was in the trailer, it was dumped off in the woods somewhere, because all they wanted was the trailer. I am very grateful for the owner not having his roadster inside at the time! This is also one of the reasons part of my personalized transporting service is that I sleep in my truck while I have a customers car on or in the trailers!

God bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

16. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Hey, they can drop the cars off with me then! Owner has 30 days to claim then it's mine.

You may be right tho, my buddy has a marina and he sells those trailers and he's had like 3 stolen in the last year. On camera and everything and the cops can't track um down.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.