Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nitromethane + Hydrazine = MADNESS!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Sep 21, 2005.

1. bill_396

bill_396

I believe when Turbonique was running at full speed they were sending hydrazine to their customers thru the mail. Their hydrazine fuel drag axle car was a Z-16 Chevelle that was eventually destroyed. I believe they were also tied in to "the Boss Cat" , the world fastest snowmobile at the time.

2. yellow dog

yellow dog
    from san diego

I think folks realized that going A to B was more important than making one fast pass. My awareness
    was in the late 50's w/ Ruddy/Weinstein when nitro cocktails involved PO and benzene were common
    among racers. UDMH was rumored around, but probably less actually experimented. Nitrobenzene is
    an interesting one (shoepolish) ...telltale smell easily banned and for good reason circle track and everywhere.
    Propylene oxide has been a suspected carcinogen for a long time and even though it was beneficial in racing in a small percentage w/ nitro as an initiator, it was generally banned. I later used a tank car a month industrially however for many years.

3. indyjps

indyjps

60s in general or just racers and fuel :D