Register now to get rid of these ads!

was bored with 2 weeks to kill

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slag Kustom, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

I was bored and had 2 - 2 1/2 weeks to build some thing to cruise around at lead east with. did the whole car after working my regular office job at night and saturdays (where my shop is i cant be there sundays at all)

car started out as a 1980 sedan deville. roof got cut off, windshield chopped 8 1/2 inches. suspension lowered 2 1/2 front 4 rear. shave door handles, body side molding, fender indicator lights, deck it, paint body, airbrush flames, clear coat, fix rot in quaters, sew boot to cover cut off quaters, brace rear door hinge pillar.

whole car was built on the cheap with the only parts being new front and rear fillers, new windshield (broke old one cutting it out) battery, paint,

Attached Files:

2. duke182

duke182

not exactly what most of the folks here will rave about
    but I personaly think it's cool.
    I might be biased though, Hubnut & I did one like it about four years ago.
    Had a blast. drove it for two years rain or shine.
    mine was a 1973 Olds Delta 88 Royale.
    If it rains drive faster.

3. Don't know what you were hoping for response-wise from this crowd, but yeah, I did one too. 67 Buick Electra 225... That fender crown at the C pillar looked evil with the lid gone....

4. DrJ

DrJ

KOOL!

I thonk those are fun as hell.

Don't tell me, you used the roof for the new floors? ;)

5. chaser

chaser
    from utah

not a big fan of the car but at least your building something. I am still just a spectator. I will start on my 28 sedan soon so i dont feel left out.

6. JamesG

JamesG

Put it on Ebay and GasMoneyGarage will buy it from ya.

7. mackster

mackster

It is different,but not bad...around here people won't be crazy about it but so far, no negative response THAT IS A SUCCESS STORY!

8. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Uhh, guys, Slag is the people "around here". If I understand it correctly this was more of a fun project than a serious "look at me, Im going to impress those HAMB'ers!" project.

What does that baby run the 1/4 mile in?

9. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

Cool car, Post some pic's of you driving it this winter in the snow with one of those big fuzzy russian hats and some goggles. Now that would be a true die hard roadster hot rod, and funny as hell. Nice job on the flames.

10. Now all you need is a huge BBQ pit in the trunk and you will be the rolling party, just like my friends 63 caddy here in TX

11. Ruiner

Ruiner

I call BS on this, it's a photoshop...there's no way you did any of that work...so drive it up here and give it to me to prove me wrong...hahaha...just messing with ya man, killer work...wish I was that motivated sometimes...

12. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

that's a nice pile of wood ya got there.

13. elwood blues

elwood blues

cool man just my .02 but i think you should get some bull horns for the hood and paint them to match the flames. pimpin boss. it realy dose look good man

14. 31modelo

31modelo

If you get an Italian horn to hang off a rear view mirror that thing would be perfect.

15. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Make sure you dress like Elvis with the rhinestone shades and everything when you drive it. That way you'll fit in...

Nice job. Are you going to build a carson top for winter?

16. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

I have thought about building a carson top but the car was done as a throw away and joke just to have some fun with and see if i could do it in the short time.

17. 00 MACK

00 MACK

He Cut The Fuckin Windshield Glass!!!!

18. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

that was one of the easy parts to do.