Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ripped off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Paul, Feb 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 34Paul

34Paul

I read the post about the guy who got Model A garnishings and payed for 32 ones. A while back I payed $350 plus freight for a 32 pedal assembly, which never did arrive, I live in New Zealand and have parts sent to a buddy in US, with few problems ( eg; a 38 gearbox top instead of the 39 / 3" fork I payed for ) except for the pedal guy who still trades on HAMB. He of course blamed the post, but I noticed the same set on Ebay a while later.
    Oh well.....suck it up.....right?

2. clem

clem

Aren’t you able to report him to moderaters ? Put his name up ? Did you use tracked courier ?

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For sure report them to the Moderators.
    It's been said times over but always check a seller that you don't recognize other posts. Just as there are thousands of no post or one post Joes who only Join for easier access to the classifieds there are a bunch of scammers who seem to show up an post on the classifieds.

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems like something that @Rocky might want to know about.

Fraud is not something well-tolerated here.

5. That ain’t right and no way in hell I would suck it up.

6. Stop pussy footing around. Give the seller a chance to redeem himself. If he doesn't, then tell the world who he is. You will be doing a favor for the rest of us.

7. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

We all have been scammed. If you have not, you are lying. It`s life lessons. Just DON`T do it yourself. It pisses you off, but their time will come. For me with the Model a garnish mouldings, I`d drive from Florida to Ohio and knock on his door. Because $1000 means a lot to me. And I have a brother in Ohio as well. As for 34PAUL, it`s your first post complaining. Read the rules of the HAMB. That`s why Ryan has rules. 10 posts are a minimum.

8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

did the seller provide tracking information? surely that would prove if was shipped or not.... when I sell something here, I send a picture of the box with the address label to the buyer and then once it is shipped I always send tracking info, but that's just me

9. alchemy

alchemy

Tracking info will get you to the boat or plane, but it won’t work on New Zealand soil.

Didja all notice the OP is a first time poster?

pennafxu likes this.
  10. Me too, If i sell something fragile it,s allways a box in a box parcel with pics of the item in the boxes before they are all taped up. Adress written on two sides of the box and lately recipients phone number on the box as well.

11. Didja all notice the OP is a first time poster? Yes and been here 6 years also...

clem likes this.
  12. Call him out where no one else will get screwed. HRP

6inarow and 5window like this.
  13. Last week on the TV news here there was a news item about gangs looting the postal goods trains in what must be the lesser neighbourhoods of Los Angeles where the postal trains apparently go real slow . Could,nt even see the tracks due to hundreds & hundreds of torn up parcels of all sizes. Items laying everywhere as well , toys, tires, small furniture, whatever the thieves had no use for.

egads likes this.
  14. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I recently had a similar experience on the Ford Barn. I bought some parts that were advertised as original but when I got them they were not as advertised. I contacted the seller and he agreed to refund my money if I returned the parts which I did. Tracking says they were delivered. He later contacted me and said he was returning most of my money. That was several weeks ago and still nothing. $1450.00 is a lot of money to kiss goodby.

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

@krylon32: "Most of your money"?? I'd be frazzled at that one.
    I once took a flight from San Jose, CA. to Chicago, Il. where I took a cab to some flake's house that burned me for $1100.
    When he opened the front door, I nailed him with a right 'haymaker' through the screen door, knocked him cold.
    His wife walked in and apologized to me! No $$, but the satisfaction made the trip home worth it.
    If I could still do that, I probably wouldn't. But I'd still be just as mad...Now I could hire it done. LOL

16. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I'm turning 77 and am a little to old for a violent confrontation.

X-cpe, ffr1222k, stillrunners and 4 others like this.
  17. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

And here is the opposite side...advertised a '64 and '65 Malibu radio on CL. They were sold to me from a
    reliable source as both working. I sold them together for a deal price and the buyer came back and said the
    '64 did not work. I apologized, told him that they were presented to me as both working, and I would never
    intentionally sell something falsely. We left it at that, however I did send him a check for the total purchase plus
    shipping. Never heard a word back, but I would still do the right thing again.

Kiwi 4d, alanp561, leon bee and 2 others like this.
  18. clem

clem

19. Yeah but you've got a lot of buddies spread all over the world that still got your back.

20. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

I know several guys that would have taken tool boxes, power tools and anything else they could carry as collateral till he paid up....

427 sleeper and alanp561 like this.
  21. Budget36

Budget36

Pisser is if you take the approach that @Atwater Mike did today, by the time you got home you’d be greeted by law enforcement.

Not to be political but damn, if people knew that a bad thing can happen to them when they do a bad thing to another person and not be protected, things might be different.

PS. I gotta buy Mike a beverage(or two) of his choice.

22. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I know it dont count for much, but my experience dealing with eBay years ago, when a Seller sent an empty box.
    Box was supposed to contain 2 x Retsored bypass oil filters not a cheap purchase.
    Ebay informed me that the law say the Seller is responsible for delievery and not the Buyer.
    Fortunately, in my case I just happened to meet the mailman at the door and told him to hang around since the box was way too light.
    I opened it in his presence and took pictures, plus the mailman was a good witness to have.
    That was enough to seal the Sellers fate with eBay.
    Just lucky that day...

Bob Lowry and alanp561 like this.
  23. rlsteel

rlsteel

I had one send me a mask in a box which gave him a tracking # Pay pal denied my claim out $100.00.I also had a prick in Iowa sell me a lot of boss 302 parts.Well, they were not boss parts. He told me too bad I reported it to the sheriff's deputy there and she got most of my $1100.00 back.

Bob Lowry likes this.
  24. rusty valley

rusty valley

My favorite asshole story, not me, but a friend bought a car off ebay, seller said he could drive it home. So, my friend thinks good trip for me and my son, buys two one way tickets from MPLS to Denver, gets to the car, and no wiring harness from the firewall forward. He ask the guy, if I go get a harness from a junk yard, is it going to run? guy says no. HOW could anyone do that ?

25. hotrodrhp

hotrodrhp
    from Wisconsin

I learned a hard lesson long ago on EBay. Sold and sent a $50.00 item to Florida, received a positive feedback from the buyer thanking me. Week or two later received a notice from the buyer saying he never received it and opened up a claim. Of course I got shafted by Ebay because I had no longer had tracking number confirming delivery. As a result I don't frequent that site and would never consider selling there again. Creeps are every where waiting in the high grass to screw you over. As previously stated by others pay using Pay Pal at least you have some recourse if you don't get the thing you bought.

Atwater Mike and uncleandy 65 like this.
  26. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I believe the freight cars are parked, not moving, for a period of time; that's when they are broken into and the merchandise stolen. Most likely those are shipments to wholesalers & retailers, not too many people send packages by rail. Still, it is a problem that appears to be getting worse.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  27. Hillbilly Werewolf

Hillbilly Werewolf

Several of the news articles about the railway thefts showed personal packages. FedEx, Ups and the like use rail cars to move consumer packages traveling across the country.
    It isn't just bulk goods, it is everyday people getting screwed.
    Not to mention the bare shelves.

rusty valley and Joe Travers like this.
  28. Fordors

Fordors

Bare shelves? Haven’t seen that 15 miles southwest of Chicago. Costco, all the major grocery chains, even the small stores seem to be well stocked. Must be a regional thing.

29. Thieves suck.

may wife and I purchased a rental property a few years ago in a rough and tumble town a 1/2 hour drive from us , it’s turning around and figured get in when prices are cheap and hang on for a few years.

anyways , we rented one unit to a “ presumed “ nice couple . Paid first month , eventually paid 2nd month paid a bit of the third , nothing the 4th and called us to say “ sorry can’t pay the rent this month either “
    up here landlords have almost no rights .
    The tenant does and even more so in the cold winter months and if they have a kid , forget about it your NOT evicting them for months.
    Anyways after I hung up the phone my brain broke , I left work and dove straight there .
    As the only thing i could think of is I’m going to go broke to keep these people living a scumbag life style.
    My mind broke , all I could see was red .

anyways pull up to the door, go to the back of my van and get the handle to my railroad jack a 1” diameter 4’ length of pipe and beat on the door.

the fat fuck of a husband opens the door and I tell him I’m gonna sit in my van while you and your whore grab the 3 rags you own and leave my property.
    He started spouting laws and what he’s entitled to etc etc.

I calmly told him . I have no criminal record , I will beat you 1/2 to death and make sure your legs never work again.
    I’ll go to jail for 3 days , get bail ( because I have no criminal record) come find you and beat you again .

you can call the cops , but I’m only going to say this once , I will beat you relentlessly In front of your wife and kid until the cops pull me off your beaten and bloody body.

he stood there with shear fear in his eyes and just shouted “ babe , we gotta pack and leave right now “

I sat in my van 2 guys came over in a pick up truck and 3 hours later my rental was empty.

I changed the locks rented it out and sold it !!!
    I didn’t need the stress.

I would never think I could be that reckless now that I’m married with kids and older, but seeing my life go bad for a scum bag , naw man that ain’t gonna happen.

I don’t condone violence, but I can see why people “ loose it” been there done that .
    And nothing worse then someone scamming you .

30. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bought 5 repro vintage hot rod movie posters off Ebay from same guy. Of course only 4 turn up, ebay thinks deal completed when tracking says delivered to NZ. then the shyster removed number 5 from the sold list, yeah small fry but its the principal..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.