Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The 430 Lincoln engine help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevyfordman, Jan 27, 2022.

1. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I'm looking for any and all information on the 430 Lincoln engine, even parts. Thanks for any help.

2. v8flat44

v8flat44

Sorry I can't help with info other than to say dad had a 58 Lincoln with a 430. That thing outran a 60 Catalina Tripower. I thought dad was crazy, but at 90 mph we passed the Poncho on the Ohio turnpike.
    Uncle Chuck had a T-Bird with a 430 & tripple carbs .... it was a tire burner. They were thirsty things.

chevyfordman likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

Search for "MEL" there are some thread here, somewhere....

chevyfordman likes this.
  4. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I pulled a 430 from a 58 Lincoln and rebuilt it back in about 1965, then put it in a 55 Ford. Had a lot of fun with it. I have a friend in Waco that had some MELs. Also for up to date info, contact Ted Eaton, he built a MEL for the engine masters Compition.

Bones

chevyfordman likes this.

5. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Yep, best bet is to search "MEL". Wikipedia has a decent page if you want basic specs and history of the MEL engine family.

I have a long term project going with a '58 430 involving a Weiand intake and a 6-71 supercharger. I might be able to push that project forward here in the next few months as I am finishing up a different engine build and I have been thinking that would be a good one to jump into next. Quite a few HAMBer's running MEL's in hot rods on here.

chevyfordman and Boneyard51 like this.
  6. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It would be worth you’re time to run a search on both the Ford Barn and yblocksforever. There’s some members doing MEL and earlier Lincoln engines that I don’t think get over here.
    My Dad had a couple Lincoln’s with the 430’s and they make great torque and moved a heavy car real well. Speed equipment is a bit hard to come by.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  7. sunbeam

sunbeam

58 to 60 had the FE bellhousing pattern 61 up the pattern was unique to the MEL

Boneyard51 likes this.