Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sun Engine Performance Tester 745

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brendan Holmes, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Brendan Holmes

Brendan Holmes

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum. I have a Sun Engine Performance Tester 745 which I have recently acquired, it's in very good visual shape all round all the accessories are present including operating manuals, i am not sure of the year of manufacture, it would be nice to find out. The model code is EET-745 and this particular model was built for the European market. This model resides in Ireland so the input voltage is 220/240 to a Transformer fitted in the rear of the casing stepping the power down to 115v, which in turn supplies four 115v transformers for the four separate modules. The one odd thing is the oscilloscope has its own 220v transformer and the id tag on the front of the oscilloscope states that the voltage is 220/240v, maybe it's because it was European supplied? The problems I am having with the unit is the dwell meter come volt meter module
    Part No.U-600n has a fried transformer so its not possible to know the output voltages to the panel, so if i could get a wiring diagram it would be a great help. The second issue is with the oscilloscope, it seems the transformer has a some stage been replaced and before i power it up i would again need a wiring diagram to check power outputs from the transformer to insure the correct transformer is installed, the oscilloscope is part No. SS-85. The final issue is the combustion CO meter and pump, somebody has removed all the small hoses at the rear of the machine and have no clue as to which way they should be fitted. Hopefully somebody reading this might.
    Both the oscilloscope and dwell meter module have vacuum tubes fitted if that is any help.I would really like to get this wonderful machine up and running to its former glory and to demonstrate how important they were to the motoring world of yesteryear and to show that there was a time when cars were repaired without laptops.
    Thanks in advance for any information to get her up and running
    Brendan.

2. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

This post will bump your info request back to the top.

3. Brendan Holmes

Brendan Holmes

Thanks Phil.

4. squirrel

squirrel

Service info for these old things is really difficult to find, unfortunately. I don't have my Sun machines any more...and they mostly were the 1970s solid state (no tubes) versions.