Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Kids at car shows.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28 Ford PU, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Hurley50

Hurley50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

kind of a car show, my family at the salt flats 2017 _DSC0125.JPG

2. Pass The Torch

Pass The Torch
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AARP is already sending me love letters. They're a bit early!

'28phonebooth likes this.
  3. cs39ford

cs39ford

All my daughters went to shows and swap meets. They are all grown up there kids my grandkids go with me now. I am 70 and oldest grandkid is 24 now. It has been a great ride for sure

4. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

You can only reap what you sow.

Back when my son was ten, I bought some parts from a gentleman with some historic drag cars. My son came along for the ride, and John noted his interest. A year later, the John had trailered his cars to Sydney for a racers reunion. Called out of the blue, and asked if my son George would like a ride?

Moore's Missile, an early 50's model GM Holden, raced in the late 60's. Loud, rough, hot. Good for 13.28s out of a N/A 179ci straight six. He only went round the suburban-Sydney block, but it was enough. Took a fortnight to get the grin off George's face. Mine too.

John passed a few years back. I hope I can live up to his example of teaching and helping others.

Moore's Missile.jpg

Cheers,
    Harv

5. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

6. Fordors

Fordors

I was on a fuel altered crew for about ten years and I often put a kid in the seat if we weren’t in the middle of getting ready for the next round, etc.
    The owner was fine with it, the kids couldn’t hurt anything and it was good public relations.
    One night at Union Grove we had put the car in the trailer when a mom and her special needs son with one of his special needs pals were peering into the side door. They must have been 14 or 15 years old. I invited them in, no chance to get in the seat with the car in the box but they got to check the car out close up and we answered all their questions. The big surprise for them were the t-shirts we gave them, just a small gesture but I know we made lasting memories for those boys and mom that night.

7. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dunno, he's got your belly ;)

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

You and me both Amigo. I can already taste those "Twice Fried Wings":)

9. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Years ago I had a customer who was 30, she was a grandmother. Her Mother was 44.
    Just saying, and it is what I think about as my nephews turn 30...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

I literally have thousands of pics like these... When I take a car to a show, when I'm working on one in the shop, when I go to the races, etc..... They go.....

Attached Files:

11. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Some years back, at a downtown street show. A big mix of cars, a mom, dad, and a young son are walking past some muscle cars and a 57 retractable, son spots my 34 coupe and the 34 pickup next to it. He says " look, these are the kind of cars I like". I tell the parents that the son has great taste, and ask if he would like to sit in one. They are surprised and say ask him. He is surprised also but takes me up on the offer. Dad takes a few pictures of the kid with a huge grin. They thank me and I say that he looks like a smart guy and will have a good paying job when my widow needs to sell this old ride.

12. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

Presleigh in the Rumble seat...... 20220917_173640.jpg