Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage AutoMania 2022

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greenie-reddy, Oct 30, 2020.

1. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

As our nightmare of 2020 continues, Carlisle Events has announced that AutoMania 2021 will move from the Allentown Fairgrounds to the Carlisle Expo Center.

While the building is too small in Allentown to accommodate all the vendors that would like to participate, the Expo Center is actually smaller. Some vendors will probably opt out, so the Expo Center will be adequate. If not, CE certainly has access to additional space nearby.

If you’re not snowed in, grab your mask and check it out. January 15-17.

Finally, we have “Winter Carlisle”.

lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.
  2. Certainly closer for me. Thanks for that heads-up.

brady1929 likes this.
  3. coupe man

coupe man

So the Allentown site was to small,so lets move to a smaller site.Must be more to that.Money?

4. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

No, it’s more involved than simply money. There was a large crowd there today starting at noon. It’s probably safer to go late in the day after it clears out a bit. As usual, a few hardy souls are vending outside. Most of the very early swap meets in the area, Hamburg PA and Howard County Md for example, have already cancelled. The 2-day swap meet at the AG Center in Westminster, MD is still on for late March. Most of us old farts should be vaccinated by then and hopefully we can continue on from there toward Hershey.

Attached Files:

5. Thanks for the update.

brady1929 and jim snow like this.
  6. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Did anyone attend 2022 AutoMania in Allentown? We decided to skip the event and make the much shorter drive to Winter Carlisle on January 28-29. Of course AutoMania pulls people from Philly and NY that won’t drive as far as Carlisle for a smaller event. I guess I’ll miss standing in line on Friday morning outside the Allentown building, freezing!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. woodscaper

woodscaper

A friend and I went on Friday, first time we have gone. I would say a decent crowd, good turnout by vendors, but have never been there before so can't compare. Picked up some stuff, good variety.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.