Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 frame w/ Olds rocket + t10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barbarian, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

I have a 32 frame sitting on the side awaiting my next build which will be a 31 phaeton on the 32 rails. I picked up a 324 a few weeks back. A buddy of mine has a clean super t10 he is going to sell and gave me first dibs at a great price. I’ve found adapters and all that is needed to mate the two. However, how will this work in an A on 32 rails? From some ballpark measurements, from the front of the water pump pulley to trans shift lever in neutral, it’s 56”. That seems wayyyy to long and will likely be into the seat. Has anyone run this? Possibly sounds like a bad idea due to fitment issues?

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. The 32 wheelbase is 3" longer than a Model A, you can move the front crossmember forward 2-3" I think this would get you all the room you need. If you're running a hood this may look out of place.
    Do you have a 2dr or 4dr Phaeton? If you are tall and have a 4dr you will have to move the seat frame back from 4 to 6 ". That will resolve the problem of the shifter in the seat.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    loudbang likes this.
  3. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Using a "Hurst" shifter on the T-10, I simply cut & reversed the shifter away from the seat & rewelded it.

loudbang likes this.
  4. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

good idea! This one has an old school hurst shifter with the handle type knob. Won’t stay that way but I can see turning it around giving you tons of room!

loudbang likes this.

5. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Or get a bench seat style handle like they used in tri 5 Chevy...not cutting..welding or ruined chrome on the handle. Found this off Google.
    Screenshot_20220101-175859_Chrome.jpg

loudbang likes this.