Register now to get rid of these ads!

Leon's Auto Parts ...Anyone been there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JamesMcD, Feb 11, 2009.

1. It's remarkable to me that so many of the vehicles from the '40's, '50's and '60's that would up in salvage yards were NOT totaled out in crashes! It seems that either they were just "worn out" mechanically or had a blown motor or transmission and the owner deemed it cheaper to just to buy a new one. Oh, if only we could return to those times.

2. Dave Gray

Dave Gray

My brother in law and myself took a road trip from the Pittsburgh area 40+ years
    ago to the West Virginia/Virginia area, when we passed through Leon, Va.
    We saw a large group of cars along the highway, so we pulled off to see if there
    were any cars that we could buy. At the business, a man was busy working on an
    old Caterpillar. We asked about cars and he explained that his name was Leon and that the town was named after him. (I have no idea if that was true) Anyway after discussing
    several cars, we decided that there were no bargains there.
    I never forgot the man named Leon. He seemed to be quite a character.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. EZ2Wire

EZ2Wire

Still there.. I will have some walk thru videos at www.leonsautoparts.co

BTW his OLD domains are currently dead ( The _Com and _Net they have been hijacked by squatters.

www.leonsuatoparts.co is live and where I will post the videos.

Yes, the rules are get there by 10AM to get into the Yard.. OFTEN he will tell you you have to be out by 12 noon as he will have a job or something to do. Saturdays are hit and miss so you have to call on Friday to make sure he will be there. I HIGHLY recommend if your going to visit to do so in the fall/winter. Due to the aforementioned ticks and bugs.

He has been scrapping a lot, but there is still a lot there.

His prices are not "cheap" but they arent expensive. Yes he knows what he has but he is fair. Leon is a good guy and you have to give him credit it for keeping it going and keeping the cars he has kept. Most yards like his have been cleaned out and scrapped years ago.

4. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

i grew up about 30 min from there ,spent alot of time in that yard , most of my adult life ( now in florida) , its a goldmine .an island .a sancuary , hallowed ground, the greatest part is getting locked in , he leaves for lunch shuts the a parking lot and office , just you and a couple junkyard dogs !! love the place ,bring your boots and a big tire hand truck ,,
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

stillrunners and lothiandon1940 like this.